Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11929277
    Despite Labour pouring billions of hard earned taxpayers cash into schools over the last decade it seems standrds in state schools have actually fallen. Maybe this will show left-wingers that you can't just chuck money at public services and hope they'll improve. What a waste.

ReputationRep:
    As I've posited on 2 other threads on this already - is it not possible that other countries' education systems have gotten better, rather than ours having gotten worse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    As I've posited on 2 other threads on this already - is it not possible that other countries' education systems have gotten better, rather than ours having gotten worse?
    this is probably true - but i don't think the government should strive for mediocrity, and be happy because we've not got worse. If everyone else is improving but we are not, how is that okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon1993)
    this is probably true - but i don't think the government should strive for mediocrity, and be happy because we've not got worse. If everyone else is improving but we are not, how is that okay?

Well surely it gets to a point where you can't really get much better?

So maybe we've been coasting for a few years, and now a few other nations have surpassed us... which I guess means the bar has been raised.

All nations are gonna converge onto the same point anyway eventually, as standards continue to rise globally, getting ever closer to the ceiling, the limit of academic performance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.