Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could I cancel my Orange Contract if Orange are not honoring it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have recently become an Orange customer ( ). I bought the blackberry torch online with student discount and insurance. The first month insurance is free so i will be billed £20.25 for my first month and £26.25 for the rest of my contract. I accepted the terms and conditions and recieved an email saying thank you and stating what I will pay each month.

However I got a letter through the post saying 'thanks for joining Orange..' your monthly plan is £22.50. This was wrong so I called Customer Services and was told that "the girl who puts student discount on is new and doesnt know how to do it. You need to go into an Orange shop and they will do it for you." I wasn't that pleased but I let it go. I haven't had a chance to go to the Orange shop yet so I hope they do it for me!

Late November Orange took my first bill of £29.96 from my bank account, they never sent me a bill through the post so I couldnt see why I had been overcharged. I phoned Orange customer service and he gave me my account number so I could use e-bills. I logged on and checked my e-bill and I was still non the wiser why I had been over charged. I was told to call 439 which sent me to india and the representative said "I could explain why you were overcharged but that would be pointless, I will put £7 credit on your next bill" I asked for confirmation of this which he said was not possible.

I was wondering, if my bill does not change to the price that I signed up for which was £20.25 a month, are Orange in breach of contract, as I did not agree to pay this much money a month.

Help please

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are. Go into a shop and give it one more go, otherwise they're clearly in breach of contract and in breach of the Sale of Goods Act

ReputationRep:
    Hi Camisados, just so you know.. your bill will cost more because of VAT. The price they quote you isn't inclusive of VAT.

Still not sure why mine changes every month either :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azazeal)
    Hi Camisados, just so you know.. your bill will cost more because of VAT. The price they quote you isn't inclusive of VAT.

Still not sure why mine changes every month either :s
    THIS

Mine changes every month too, but half the time I dont realise 0800(or something like that) numbers arent included in the free minutes. And I remember when I first started my contract it was like, £5 more than it should've been and they also charge you for paper-bills too.

ReputationRep:
      you need to go into orange to get the discount applied, there is no point hoping they'll just do it for you if they specifically told you to go into the shop. they'll probably need some kind of proof.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.