Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who says fame and fortune changes all artists? N-Dubz Watch

ReputationRep:
    Seen Being N - Dubz?

Don't be overly cynical and skeptical, if you think they're just putting on an act and acting like that to appeal to some demographic or something. Then you're just being stupid

they're just like that, fair enough Dappy and Fazer are 'laddish', you could say not serious and a bit immature but when they have to they focus on music, producing and everything

I just like how genuine and real they are, it's really appealing for any artist, band to just be basically normal people, not forgetting where they come from and not completely changing and them not being some megastar with no time for fans, always jetting off around the world, having 10 mansions or whatever

And Dappy and Fazers' banter is humourous, that is all.

ReputationRep:
    Britney :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Your 18 and you like N-dubz

ReputationRep:
    So nob heads before they were famous and still nob heads now. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    Your 18 and you like N-dubz
    I'm not a huge fan but yeah I like them, I'll listen to the songs I like from them (generally their older stuff)

Don't I fall in their demographic? Why can't an 18 year old like N - Dubz?

and ^ the point is, it's nice to see big, multi-platinum album selling artists not 'sell out', they're still the same essentially. It sucks to see fame and fortune go to an artists head and make their egos' huge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    I'm not a huge fan but yeah I like them, I'll listen to the songs I like from them (generally their older stuff)

Don't I fall in their demographic? Why can't an 18 year old like N - Dubz?

and ^ the point is, it's nice to see big, multi-platinum album selling artists not 'sell out', they're still the same essentially. It sucks to see fame and fortune go to an artists head and make their egos' huge
    I thought only 12 year old girls liked n dubz and 12 year old boys went trawling around youtube and facebook shouting about how **** they are lol

No offense intended, but i thought most people from 16+ would look for some more substantial musical roots.

ReputationRep:
    n-dubz. oh dear :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    I thought only 12 year old girls liked n dubz and 12 year old boys went trawling around youtube and facebook shouting about how **** they are lol

No offense intended, but i thought most people from 16+ would look for some more substantial musical roots.
    Fair enough. I know a few older teenagers (my age, fair few amount of my friends) are anti N-Dubz, it's like a cool to hate thing if you get what I mean, like it's cool to hate Cher Lloyd, Nick Clegg, stuff like that

but nah not really, If I was gonna pinpint their audience, I'd say 13 - 18 year olds and maybe generally female cos they seem to have loads of female fans

Anyway N Dubz is just one of hundreds of artists and bands I like, my musical range is pretty broad and no, I wouldn't pay to go see N-Dubz live or anything

ReputationRep:
    I can never tell if someone's being serious when they say they like N-Dubz.

ReputationRep:
    N-Dubz are ****. Always have been, always will be.

But credit where credit is due.........................I'd rattle Tulisa senseless :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Seen Being N - Dubz?

Don't be overly cynical and skeptical, if you think they're just putting on an act and acting like that to appeal to some demographic or something. Then you're just being stupid

they're just like that, fair enough Dappy and Fazer are 'laddish', you could say not serious and a bit immature but when they have to they focus on music, producing and everything

I just like how genuine and real they are, it's really appealing for any artist, band to just be basically normal people, not forgetting where they come from and not completely changing and them not being some megastar with no time for fans, always jetting off around the world, having 10 mansions or whatever

And Dappy and Fazers' banter is humourous, that is all.
    Brain washed viewer. Stop thinking that your favourite artists are inspirational messiahs you child

ReputationRep:
    Some of their songs aren't bad but you can't concretely say they are truly genuine when you don't know them in person. Dappy sounds like a bit of a knob, so what are you trying to say - that he was one before and still is one? Fame hasn't changed him? Also slightly unrelated but still related - they diss X Factor every year and now say they want to collab with Cher Lloyd - that's defo keeping it real :rolleyes: regardless of whether they think she is different or not she's still part of the X Factor. Other things too like the fact that Dappy apparently got hold of the number of someone who phoned into a radio station and started sending her harassing messages - great! Is that your idea of humour? I suppose at least they haven't appeared to become all money hungry and want to just produce music and be heard, but nonetheless your opinion is based quite dominantly on a show which obviously isn't going to present them negatively.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends in LA used to work with N-Dubz here before moving there. She refuses to even speak to them anymore.

That being said, I don't know half of these English rapper rnbwhateverers, so I've never even heard an N-Dubz song. What does that name even mean?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    Brain washed viewer. Stop thinking that your favourite artists are inspirational messiahs you child
    you're funny. N Dubz aren't my favourite artists, no where near but I do think they're inspirational - to show that hard work, determination and focus on what you're passionate about, be it music, art, writing whatever then you can get somewhere in life and make a name for yourself

Being a famous artist as well as being grounded and down to earth = being an inspirational messiah? Ok then

Melon - Basically I agree with a lot of what you're saying, I'm not necessarily saying Dappy's the greatest and or nicest guy ever, don't think him or Fazer really tbh. Yeah they are knobs but at the very least they're not fame hungry egomaniacs (as far as we know), the point you brought up is something you can never figure out with celebrities, how can any of us know what they're really like if we don't know them... even if they're on some reality TV show. I just can't imagine them being too different to how they're shown on the show and from all those controversial news stories about them

Dappy and fazer seem to be knobs but at the very least, that appears to be who they are, it's not some act or fakery (which I can't stand in artists). Which is why Lady Gaga annoys me, can't tell if she's genuinely a freak and eccentric or if it's all an act so I can't take her seriously

ReputationRep:
    you're funny. N Dubz aren't my favourite artists, no where near but I do think they're inspirational - to show that hard work, determination and focus on what you're passionate about, be it music, art, writing whatever then you can get somewhere in life and make a name for yourself

Being a famous artist as well as being grounded and down to earth = being an inspirational messiah? Ok then

Melon - Basically I agree with a lot of what you're saying, I'm not necessarily saying Dappy's the greatest and or nicest guy ever, don't think him or Fazer really tbh. Yeah they are knobs but at the very least they're not fame hungry egomaniacs (as far as we know), the point you brought up is something you can never figure out with celebrities, how can any of us know what they're really like if we don't know them... even if they're on some reality TV show. I just can't imagine them being too different to how they're shown on the show and from all those controversial news stories about them

Dappy and fazer seem to be knobs but at the very least, that appears to be who they are, it's not some act or fakery (which I can't stand in artists). Which is why Lady Gaga annoys me, can't tell if she's genuinely a freak and eccentric or if it's all an act so I can't take her seriously
    you're confused, Don't look into their lives idiot. Who gives a flying f*** if Lady Gaga is a fake or eccentric? You're judging her because of her personality which shows you really care about the artist i.e. look up to them as an inspirational source.

"I just can't imagine them being too different to how they're shown on the show and from all those controversial news stories about them"

this says it all. You sound desperate, you sound passionate about N-Dubs, so therefore you look up to these people as a source of inspiration (Just admit it, you worship them).

My work here is done

EDIT: and why did you start an Ndubs appraisal thread? It really does show you love them

ReputationRep:
    N-Dubz represent everything that is wrong with the world, true fact.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but how is having your own TV show keeping it real?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Who dubs?

ReputationRep:
    Dappy and Fazer are 'laddish', you could say not serious and a bit immature but when they have to they focus on music, producing and everything
    This sentence makes perfect sense, well done:congrats:. N-Dubz are a joke, always have been, always will be.

ReputationRep:
    N-dubz are for chavs!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.