Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, I am soooooo annoyed and I need somewhere to rant! I had my first test a couple of weeks ago, after them messing me around and cancelling my tests a million times, so I finally took my test but unfortunately failed it (not even gonna go into that grrr lol).

Had my next test booked for 11:11 today, so I phoned them up to make sure it was still going ahead and she turned round and said I needed to phone back in half an hour because they have sent people out to check the test routes for ice. Now I had been driving round the area the day before early in the morning when it is most cold and icy and it was absolutely fine! So I rang back and all morning tests had been cancelled. The worst thing is that they are going ahead with the afternoon tests (after midday) ARGHH what difference does 39 minutes make.

So then I asked about cancellations and she said its unlikely I will get a test before Xmas now, I sooo wanted to pass before then! It's so annoying when you get all prepared and stressed out for nothing :mad::mad: and now it's just like this thing hanging over my shoulders which I just want out of the way! It's like preventing me being able to concentrate on other things and getting on with my A levels and stuff. Plus getting the bus everyday is doing my head in lol.

Has anyone else had any annoying experiences from the DSA? I'm sure there are lots of people who have lol.

ReputationRep:
    I mounted the kerb, ran a red, killed a 12 year old girl and piled the car into the back of a lorry, totalling the car, and they ****ing failed me!!! *****.

Grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, it happens :dontknow:.

ReputationRep:
    I've had it happen, so has a lot of people i know.

But.. why on earth would it stop you from focusing on studying?. You now have to spend no time with drivign whatsoever until your test, unless you do a few more lessons, its not like its a major distraction.

ReputationRep:
    It happens unfortunately. The DSA can do whatever they like!

My driving instructor got us lost in Banbury (I don't know the place) and I was too 2 minutes too late for my test to go ahead. Fortunately I was able to get another test for the following week, but I lost £62.

Good luck in your next test though

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    I've had it happen, so has a lot of people i know.

But.. why on earth would it stop you from focusing on studying?. You now have to spend no time with drivign whatsoever until your test, unless you do a few more lessons, its not like its a major distraction.
    I don't know it's ridiculous lol it's just one of those things like I can't concentrate properly because I'm always looking for cancellations etc and worrying about it, and being pissed off with waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzlebizzle)
    Had my next test booked for 11:11 today, so I phoned them up to make sure it was still going ahead and she turned round and said I needed to phone back in half an hour because they have sent people out to check the test routes for ice.
    You had a test booked for 11:11?

If you wanted to be anal you should have specifically asked for a male instructor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webernets)
    You had a test booked for 11:11?

If you wanted to be anal you should have specifically asked for a male instructor
    What's wrong with 11:11? It's just the time that I booked on the website lol.

ReputationRep:
    39 minutes makes no difference. 49 minutes, however...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calannra)
    It happens unfortunately. The DSA can do whatever they like!

My driving instructor got us lost in Banbury (I don't know the place) and I was too 2 minutes too late for my test to go ahead. Fortunately I was able to get another test for the following week, but I lost £62.

Good luck in your next test though
    My instructor got the time of my test wrong the first one - he'd booked it and written it down so it was totally his fault. HE stood the £62 loss, there was no way I was going to.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the rush to pass before xmas? Just rebook it and relax, no point stressing yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    I'll bet that the side roads aren't free from snow/ice. A lot of the test is done on side roads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    39 minutes makes no difference. 49 minutes, however...
    Damn, beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzlebizzle)
    Right, I am soooooo annoyed and I need somewhere to rant! I had my first test a couple of weeks ago, after them messing me around and cancelling my tests a million times, so I finally took my test but unfortunately failed it (not even gonna go into that grrr lol).

Had my next test booked for 11:11 today, so I phoned them up to make sure it was still going ahead and she turned round and said I needed to phone back in half an hour because they have sent people out to check the test routes for ice. Now I had been driving round the area the day before early in the morning when it is most cold and icy and it was absolutely fine! So I rang back and all morning tests had been cancelled. The worst thing is that they are going ahead with the afternoon tests (after midday) ARGHH what difference does 39 minutes make.

So then I asked about cancellations and she said its unlikely I will get a test before Xmas now, I sooo wanted to pass before then! It's so annoying when you get all prepared and stressed out for nothing :mad::mad: and now it's just like this thing hanging over my shoulders which I just want out of the way! It's like preventing me being able to concentrate on other things and getting on with my A levels and stuff. Plus getting the bus everyday is doing my head in lol.

Has anyone else had any annoying experiences from the DSA? I'm sure there are lots of people who have lol.
    Get this

http://www.drivingtestcancellations.co.uk/

I found another test date like a week later, yeah it costs £20 but it's worth it, especially if you want to pass before christmas.

ReputationRep:
    I got it worse!I failed my theory twice! FML

...Ok I'll go now:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R. Murray)
    I'll bet that the side roads aren't free from snow/ice. A lot of the test is done on side roads.
    Is the snow/ice really such a big deal tho, as if the person passes chance are they are going to be driving in it tomorrow like the rest of us.

Unfortuanly the DSA is a big pain in the arse but wait till you pass and meet the DVLA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Is the snow/ice really such a big deal tho, as if the person passes chance are they are going to be driving in it tomorrow like the rest of us.

Unfortuanly the DSA is a big pain in the arse but wait till you pass and meet the DVLA.
    It's not just a question of "they'll have to do it anyway". The test is supposed to be the same for everyone on any day in any place (as much as possible). It would be unfair to have people being tested in ice. What happens if they get stuck? You just couldn't do it. I've been struggling to get my car anywhere in this weather (granted we had well over a foot of snow) as have plenty of others - in far fancier cars than mine. I was stuck for ages behind a gritter yesterday - they were stuck in the snow! It's just not realistic to carry out driving tests in that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.