Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested incompleting a LLM Master degree at Edinburgh Law School, Queen Mary Law School or UoL External, though the questions I have probably relate to most distance learning masters degree courses.

As far as doing self study is concerned, I have just successfully completed a similar part time masters course in management, so I am aware of the pressures and the difficulties of studying at home while still working.

I have done the research on the courses, read the course overview, structure and description of each of the modules to be undertaken, but it is still difficult to make any judgements on how the course will be delivered (available applications on line, number fo concurrent students online etc). I have not seen any demo application that show how the delivery will be organised.

Does anyone have any experience of the courses/environments for distance learning ? Can you describe the day-to-day participation in such a course ? Is it really interactive with forums and chat with fellow students and tutors or simply a static task list and links or references to be followed ? How often do the tutors participate ?

UoL External provided sample chapters of their course notes which was very interesting as it gave course objectives and outcomes as well as some good notes that didn't assume too much prior knowledge.

Any help or experiences with specific universities, courses or even software-used would be very helpful in making comparisons. Some of the courses are 14kGBP+ so it is important to be clear about what RoI I am getting from these courses that seem to involve little recurring effort on the part of the universities...

Thanks for your help
    TBD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.