Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to pull a shop assistant? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyway theres this cute girl who works in my local Gamestation. Ive seen her around the town centre quite a bit and I used to go where she worked previously a fair bit as well so she atleast knows I exist and we have a reciprocal smiling thing going on i.e whenever I walk past her when shes on her fag break she always smiles at me and I smile back. (lame I know)

Is there a non weird way to kind of introduce myself or ask her out for a drink? In all the scenarios I go through in my head everything just comes across as creepy and stalkerish because well I am basically creepy and stalkerish.

ReputationRep:
    Would you like to go out?

You should probably start with "you probably get asked this all the time...."

ReputationRep:
    say 'hey my ps3 just broke and i want to play with something else can i have a go on them tits' :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veldrin)
    Anyway theres this cute girl who works in my local Gamestation. Ive seen her around the town centre quite a bit and I used to go where she worked previously a fair bit as well so she atleast knows I exist and we have a reciprocal smiling thing going on i.e whenever I walk past her when shes on her fag break she always smiles at me and I smile back. (lame I know)

Is there a non weird way to kind of introduce myself or ask her out for a drink? In all the scenarios I go through in my head everything just comes across as creepy and stalkerish because well I am basically creepy and stalkerish.
    With a lasso.

ReputationRep:
    Do this:

Say "hi, how are you?" when you walk past next, and if she responds warmly, then the next time after that stop and chat to her casually and jokingly for a few minutes. The next time after that, stop again, but this time ask her straight up if she wants to go for a drink.

The gaps between initiation - conversation - drink request give her time to get used to the idea that you're possible dating material and she will be far more likely to say yes. If you just go up to someone you have never spoken to and ask them out they will almost always say no, even if they are tempted.

ReputationRep:
    Open with "Your eyes are the same colour as my Porsche...in Need for Speed Shift"

and BAM your away.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1246648606.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Well, let's just say I've been "pulled" when I was a shop assistant. The guy would catch me on my lunch breaks outside and have friendly banter/chit chat then and when I was working, and he eventually got round to asking for my number then we went out for a drink, and consequently we ended up a couple. If he'd asked me out straightaway then I would have declined, you have to build some sort of casual 'friendship' rather than coming across as a stranger.

Btw, he was pretty much the worst human being I've ever had the fortune to meet.

ReputationRep:
    Ok i dont usually give good advice but i think this would work:

Get a cigarette (it doesnt matter if you dont smoke)
    Go up to her and ask her if she has a light (she will because you see her on a fag break)
    Light up. Stand with her. Conversation will begin. Ask her out. Later on you can tell her you dont smoke and you just pretended because you thought she was amazing and you wanted to talk to her. Job done.

ReputationRep:
    Slip your number under some notes when you pay for your goods!

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you're a level 80 in World of Warcraft.

That should do the trick.

Heh heh. This reminds me of a time when I'd gone to the Smoker's Choice in Cleveleys, and was about to ask the girl at the counter for some Amber Leaf, and I didn't see any, so I stopped. Then she moved aside, and I saw it, and without thinking I said "oh, I love you." She seemed to blush a little bit.

Afterwards, my younger brother Piers told me I should have asked her out. Hmm. "Can I have a box of Amber Leaf, some petrol, and your company in a cafe, please?"

ReputationRep:
      She might have a bf..

ReputationRep:
      just say "keep the change" lol

ReputationRep:
      Up, Down, Left, right, hold A, then when she looks up press Start.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.