Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ive done everything on UCAS but im having one problem. UCL require a pass in an AS subject as well as the entry requirment for the course(ABB), since im doing a BTEC certificate (equivlent to 2 a levels) and 2 A levels, should i apply to UCL without an AS?

IF they say i need an extra AS i am quite happy to take up AS maths and do the exams in June (depends on how my exams in january go), but should i put AS maths down in my UCAS because im not certain that i can do it or not.

If they reject my application can they change it to conditional once i say i will take up AS maths as well?

So basically my main question is should i put AS maths down on my UCAS form or tell them later once they e-mail me with their decision? Any info would be appreciated. I have e-mailed the uni twice and have no reply (been 3 weeks now), this is the only thing holding my application so any advice would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bruce_Lee)
    Hi, ive done everything on UCAS but im having one problem. UCL require a pass in an AS subject as well as the entry requirment for the course(ABB), since im doing a BTEC certificate (equivlent to 2 a levels) and 2 A levels, should i apply to UCL without an AS?

IF they say i need an extra AS i am quite happy to take up AS maths and do the exams in June (depends on how my exams in january go), but should i put AS maths down in my UCAS because im not certain that i can do it or not.

If they reject my application can they change it to conditional once i say i will take up AS maths as well?

So basically my main question is should i put AS maths down on my UCAS form or tell them later once they e-mail me with their decision? Any info would be appreciated. I have e-mailed the uni twice and have no reply (been 3 weeks now), this is the only thing holding my application so any advice would be greatly appreciated
    I'd recommend contacting UCL by phone as soon as possible and asking if a BTEC and two full A-levels can be used instead of ABB+an AS.

I believe this is the number you need: 020 7916 3943

ReputationRep:
    If you are in the UK you should call them and ask because it sounds a little complicated.

I think one time it took UCL ~2 months to reply to an email.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thank you very much for your replies i will call them as soon as possible. Is it possible for me to add a subject when my UCAS has been submitted? i mean is there like a deadline for changes in UCAs i heard it was something like 14 days is this correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    I'd recommend contacting UCL by phone as soon as possible and asking if a BTEC and two full A-levels can be used instead of ABB+an AS.

I believe this is the number you need: 020 7916 3943
    Do u know if theres a waiting time or a hold? i dont have much credit on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    Do u know if theres a waiting time or a hold? i dont have much credit on my phone.
    Not off hand, I'm afraid. However, really would recommend it - even my friend at UCL says they're not good for reply to e-mails.

Couldn't you use a landline?

ReputationRep:
    Not off hand, I'm afraid. However, really would recommend it - even my friend at UCL says they're not good for reply to e-mails.

Couldn't you use a landline?
    lol, but i dont know what would i say to them xD, im not good on talking over the phone.

ReputationRep:
    lol, but i dont know what would i say to them xD, im not good on talking over the phone.
    "Hi, I'm calling to ask a question about the entry requirements for the biochemical engineering course. You say that you require ABB and an additional AS, but would a DD in BTEC engineering and two full A-levels at grades A and B be an acceptable alternative?"

Something like that. Seriously, phone now because they're probably still there and you can get it sorted and sent off tonight.

ReputationRep:
    "Hi, I'm calling to ask a question about the entry requirements for the biochemical engineering course. You say that you require ABB and an additional AS, but would a DD in BTEC engineering and two full A-levels at grades A and B be an acceptable alternative?"

Something like that. Seriously, phone now because they're probably still there and you can get it sorted and sent off tonight.
    Thank you very much for your help lol, your a life saver im at home so im gunna grab the phone now, il update the situation after i speak to them

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your help lol, your a life saver im at home so im gunna grab the phone now, il update the situation after i speak to them
    You're welcome. Good luck, and please do let us know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome. Good luck, and please do let us know how it goes.
    I just rang them and there was 4 normal bells, then there was some strange sound or some strange bell for a few times then it looked like someone picked up but there was no one there.....i kept saying hello and i could hear my own voice and someone breathing in the phone......i think there abit too late for halloween lol.
    I think il try again later.

ReputationRep:
    I just rang them and there was 4 normal bells, then there was some strange sound or some strange bell for a few times then it looked like someone picked up but there was no one there.....i kept saying hello and i could hear my own voice and someone breathing in the phone......i think there abit too late for halloween lol.
    I think il try again later.
    Just try again now, but if you get the same response, maybe leave it a day.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, thanks very much for the help, i would give you a positive rating but TSR wont let me because i gave you one my last thread il post back when i finally get to talk to them . Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    Lol i think theyre taking the p!ss now....i phoned about 7 times today 5 times it went to the answer machine, the 6th time someone picked up and said the admissions tutor is not here phone back at 5, i phoned again at 5 and she said i dont know where the admissions tutor is try again tomorow after 12 or e-mail her again.......
    btw the number u gave me was a fax number....even though it says telephone on the website.........Just my luck. lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.