Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i have too much pride and fear Watch

hello everyone. I have a huge problem which is ruining my life:i have too much pride to smile bck at a guy,to show tht i am interested, and tht i would not mind being talked to. I am 20 and have never been in a relationship bc i am scared tht the guy just wants to take advantage of me, just wants the physical contact. Plus i just want to know one guy in my life, nt a succession of bf. So wat can i do to overcome these two complexex?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I would't call that pride

ReputationRep:
    probably more scared of putting yourself in a compromising situation. We all do it, but you have to try and overcome it.

Just remember though, pride or not, the only loser in these situations is you.

(Original post by Aj12)
    I would't call that pride
    wat wud u call it then?

ReputationRep:
    OP, all the guy really wants is to have intercourse on a regular schedule on the off chance that it'll feel nice than his hand and get him off better than watching other people do it. avoid us or learn to be a recepticle.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    wat wud u call it then?
    Your to proud to smile at guys? Sound more like a stuck up *****

(Original post by Aj12)
    Your to proud to smile at guys? Sound more like a stuck up *****
    i did not use swear words at u, so please reply in a respectful manner. Of all the things i could be called, ***** is the least accurate. Dnt reply n get out of my post u sex addict
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i did not use swear words at u, so please reply in a respectful manner. Of all the things i could be called, ***** is the least accurate. Dnt reply n get out of my post u sex addict
    Teh hell?:confused:

ANON OR DELETE - Related to an Anonymous thread I have posted.

I have the same exact feelings as you, except i'm 21, LOL! I wouldn't say its pride exactly, I think its more fear of rejection. There's this guy in one of my lectures that I caught staring at me. But I was so confused as to why he was staring that I just couldn't bring myself to smile at him. Don't worry, you just have to put yourself out there and see what happens. Life's all about risks, you won't know until you try it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.