The Student Room Group

AQA English and Literature B HELP!!!

I'm resitting my English AS level paper in January as I got an E overall first time round.

Apparently I did really bad on the written exam (U, didnt help I had Maths C2 and Physics paper on the same day, and time! :eek:) but I got a C on the coursework. Apparently its my written expression which was the reason I did so bad in the exam?

As well as preparing better this time round as far as the anthology is concerned, what can I do to improve my written expression?
Reply 1
Is this Literature or Language and Literature? The title doesn't make it clear.
Reply 2
Original post by Eloise987
Is this Literature or Language and Literature? The title doesn't make it clear.

Yeah Lit and Lang B, sorry :colondollar:
Reply 3
Well then you're in luck because I just so happened to get an A* in that only last year :smile:
For the AS, you really have to just know the anthology and have a couple of set essays in your head. I don't know if it's still the same one (transport?) but have particular pairs in mind that you can use for a wide range of questions. I was lucky when I did it that it was a really open question, pretty much just "compare two texts that explore two different types of transport" or something along those lines, so I could use the two I was most confident with.

Maybe work on the structure of your essays? Our teacher gave us pretty strict essay plans that we had to learn and follow every time, one for prose and one for poetry, see if your teacher can get their hands on something similar, or help you come up with your own. If you have it set out in your mind before you start writing, this should help the quality of your written expression. The unseen is a nightmare, I struggles a lot with that one, which if you're anything like me makes it even more imperative that you have the anthology sorted (if you're wondering, I left 35 minutes to do the unseen, then realised I hadn't really written anything that would get me marks, crossed it all out and started again with ten minutes to spare. yep)

Best thing you can do is just practise as much as you can so you can go into the exam with a clear head.

I am aware that this is one big jumble, but it's been a long day haha. Any other questions or help needed just ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending