Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With all the increasing globalisation, will nationalism be dead within a few generations?
    Is nationalism a good thing?

ReputationRep:
    probs not... yes globalisation helps a lot of countries and is getting bigger but people will always securities to better their own country- union. like the eu has the cap to protect itself. the end product hypothetically is globality but many people doubt that globalisation would get to that point i don't particularly like nationalism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    probs not... yes globalisation helps a lot of countries and is getting bigger but people will always securities to better their own country- union. like the eu has the cap to protect itself. the end product hypothetically is globality but many people doubt that globalisation would get to that point i don't particularly like nationalism
    Will nationalism start to become more of a force as immigration continues? The far-right is again starting to rise in europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagnificentFuhrer)
    Will nationalism start to become more of a force as immigration continues? The far-right is again starting to rise in europe.
    probably, but at the end of the day, everyone-including politicians- knows that the country would cease to function like it is. it'd be a total mess- the far right has done well in the past few decades in france, germany etc but i think that there'll always be nationalism around. people will always blame immigrants for anything.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like nationalism, but it seems in the past british have been anti-nationalist, e.g. when voting out Churchill straight after the war - He was an outspoken nationalist. It is on the rise however with immigration, I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Not in America, they've got flags and stuff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.