Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not long now, hope they make it fast.

Good night sweet prince.

ReputationRep:
    Why did that nerd hand himself in for a crime he didn't commit. What an IDIOT!!!!

Also he's not dead :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    i think it's best he handed himself in or it'd look like he actually comitted the crime but yeah, even if a british rapist ran away to another country i very much doubt that interpol would issue a warrant arrest for him. it's ok for wikileaks to expose kenya's corruptions but god forbid anyone messes with america

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahaaha, such a batman.

ReputationRep:
    **** off America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    Why did that nerd hand himself in for a crime he didn't commit. What an IDIOT!!!!

Obviously he didn't do it, but the more he would've ran away from it the more the suspicion would've grown.

That said, I really think in a few weeks we'll hear that he committed "suicide" in prison.

David Kelly anyone?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The prosecutors have just released a statement saying his arrest has nothing at all to do with the diplomatic cables. I dont think anyones buying that.

ReputationRep:
    Playing devil's advocate for a moment - releasing these documents then claiming a set-up would be a good way to garner support and get away with it.

brb, gotta steal some important shiz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Obviously he didn't do it, but the more he would've ran away from it the more the suspicion would've grown.

That said, I really think in a few weeks we'll hear that he committed "suicide" in prison.

David Kelly anyone?
    Yeah I'm sure he'll also leave a suicide note saying how much he regrets his actions and that America is a true pioneer of democracy.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how FBI/CIA is gonna kill him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    The prosecutors have just released a statement saying his arrest has nothing at all to do with the diplomatic cables. I dont think anyones buying that.
    I know yeah, it's really getting embarrassing now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    I wonder how FBI/CIA is gonna kill him?
    They might do, but he has an insurance file with details about Guantanamo should he get assassinated, and his assassination would not stop any information and increase public support for him.

ReputationRep:
    Never thought the US should resort to a kompromat, it's like the cold war all over again. Personally, I agree that the releases were in no one's interest, but the way the american government has reacted is a bit extreme. It looks like Assange is fully willing to become a martyr, so he must be loving this.

ReputationRep:
    His arrest or conviction won't change anything. The elite are clutching at straws!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the case was initially thrown out due to the ridiculous nature of it but then the court received a message from "higher up" to treat it more seriously and drag it out for a while.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point? Someone will just take his place anyway. Just makes the USA being seen in a worse light.

ReputationRep:
    This really just reflects badly on America. He's obviously got a contingency plan and, even if (God forbid) the worst happened (which it likely wouldn't, would be waaaaaaay too obvious a conspiracy) the truth will out anyway...then again, maybe Im just a naive optimist...

ReputationRep:
    I just hope that this whole matter wakes the world up... You know, 'one swallow doesn't make a summer', but many swallows do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)

Couple of questions.

Why would Sweden cooperate with the US in a case like this? Sweden is hardly a likely partner for this kind of a case.

Getting rid of him does not stop the leaks. The US know that any attempt on his life will always look like it was them.

Tbh I really cannot see this being a government attempt to smear him or whatever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.