The Student Room Group

RIP Julian Assange

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I predict that he'll be extradited to the US and sent to rot in a prison.

He'll probably be bumped off on the quiet there.

It won't stop WikiLeaks, though - as an article in The Economist said, it would be like killing Edison and expecting the lightbulb to darken. Even if WikiLeaks is shut down, I expect other sites to follow its example.
"Who will watch the watchmen?"

We will.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by milkytea
It won't stop WikiLeaks, though - as an article in The Economist said, it would be like killing Edison and expecting the lightbulb to darken. Even if WikiLeaks is shut down, I expect other sites to follow its example.

That....and the fact that Wikileaks haven't even published even 1% of the 250,000 documents in their possession.
I'm behind assange and what he represents 100%.
This is so out of order, he's tried to clear his name before voluntarily, yet the prosecutors only want it their way. He's had previous accusations of this nature raised and then subsequently dropped because of not enough evidence.

Now the cables are out, there suddenly seems to be a problem. I won't be surprised if he gets assassinated to be honest.
I doubt they're gonna kill him. Even if they did it wouldn't stop anything. Infact it would probably encourage more leaks. Kinda like how killing osama bin laden isn't going to stop torroism.
Reply 25
At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist :rolleyes:

The rape accusation only surfaced after they hadn't caught him for a week - now people aren't going to care too much about ratting out a blogger, but they'll help catch a sex offender so d'you think maybe... :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Why did that nerd hand himself in for a crime he didn't commit. What an IDIOT!!!!

Also he's not dead :eyeball:

I read he was overly paranoid, so he must have snapped and handed him self in.

He is not dead now... but the US will get him soon.
Reply 27
Original post by Sonny_J_D
At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist :rolleyes:

The rape accusation only surfaced after they hadn't caught him for a week - now people aren't going to care too much about ratting out a blogger, but they'll help catch a sex offender so d'you think maybe... :wink:

I don't think any rationally minded person actually believes there is substance behind the rape allegations.

And to add to that... who the **** gets an interpol international warrant for their arrest just because of "sex crimes"? Nobody. It's purely because he has pissed off too many powerful Americans.
(edited 13 years ago)
BBC NEWS LINK

A judge at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court refused bail because of the risk of the 39-year-old fleeing.

Yeah.. after being blacklisted at all UK passport check zones, and after voluntarily handing himself in, he's totally going to flee. :rolleyes:
Reply 29
someone better suck a big juicy lemon.
Original post by Shadowplay
I just hope that this whole matter wakes the world up... You know, 'one swallow doesn't make a summer', but many swallows do.

:sexface:
Reply 31
The rape allegations weren't even solid..... The girls aren't pressing that hard for it, and they asked for ''advice''. I doubt he'll get convicted.
He's not dead yet, the resistance is alive.

He'll probably escape custody and fail to show up for his next courtdate, going indefinetely 'missing' while the US launch a worldwide manhunt for him with all of their secret agencies. 2022, the US has still been searching for Julian for 12 years now with no results, they send an exterminator into the past, to 1985 - to assasinate him, before he creates the website itself. This is the story
Reply 33
Not long now before America decides to throw in an extradition warrant. Welcome to Guantanamo.
The guy is a hero, I think all the charges are fabricated.
Original post by Drunk Punx
:sexface:

Why are you sexfacing me?:closedeyes:
Original post by BackDoorEntry
BBC NEWS LINK

Yeah.. after being blacklisted at all UK passport check zones, and after voluntarily handing himself in, he's totally going to flee. :rolleyes:

I wonder if there was a phone call from some US official shortly before this decision.
Original post by Shadowplay
Why are you sexfacing me?:closedeyes:

There are so many things to say here, I don't quite know which to choose... :teehee:
Reply 37
Original post by lukejoshjedi
He's not dead yet, the resistance is alive.

He'll probably escape custody and fail to show up for his next courtdate, going indefinetely 'missing' while the US launch a worldwide manhunt for him with all of their secret agencies. 2022, the US has still been searching for Julian for 12 years now with no results, they send an exterminator into the past, to 1985 - to assasinate him, before he creates the website itself. This is the story

This definately :biggrin:
Original post by Drunk Punx
There are so many things to say here, I don't quite know which to choose... :teehee:

:mmm:
Reply 39
I hope they don't extradite him. It was a politically motivated accusation by the Swedish prosecution, asked for by the US government. He's innocent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending