Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nobody knows what is waiting for them on the other end, What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemadore)
    Nobody knows what is waiting for them on the other end, What do you guys think?
    Death does not scare me because I know it will take trolls like you with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Death does not scare me because I know it will take trolls like you with him.
    I dont understand how am I being a "troll"
    Never understood what it really means :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    no it dosnt, were dying with every second that passes anyway

ReputationRep:
    To be quite honest, its inevitable. I don't see the point in being worried about it.
    And i don't really believe in paradise/torture in the afterlife, i think when you die, game over. Therefore i am not scared of death.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of a young death, a death with a wasted life.

ReputationRep:
    No one can truthfully answer this question unless they face a scenario in which they're about to die.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not scared oif being dead, but only scared of the way I might die, such as a really unbearably painful fire/crash/etc.

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

I'm pretty sure everyone goes through a "fear of death" phase in their lives.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that there is nothing after death. You simply cease to exist and your body decomposes and returns to the bottom of the food chain (although very, very slowly...). I'm not scared of dying when I think of it, but if I was terminally ill, or if I was in a situation where death was inevitable or very probable, then yes, I would probably be quite scared. It's in our genes to do everything possible to avoid death, except when protecting others, so you can say it's natural. What would scare me much more is the possibility of life after death, or immortality. That would be horrible.

ReputationRep:
    not really- nothing to do with religion or whatever i'm just scared that it'll hurt a lot if i die in a crash or bungee jump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    I'm scared of a young death, a death with a wasted life.
    But isn't all death a wasted life?
    If you die, you lose everything. Seems like a waste in my opinion.
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I'm more worried about the pain of death tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be. I'm not anymore now though, I realised there's not much point. It's inevitable. Just as long as I live my life on my terms, and am happy, then I have no reason to fear death. What would be scary was if I got to the end of my life, having wished I'd done something else, lived a different way.

ReputationRep:
    Well, even if you don't believe that there is life after death, there might be, no one is sure. A lot of people are dying young these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*starlight*conquest*~)
    I believe that there is nothing after death. You simply cease to exist and your body decomposes and returns to the bottom of the food chain (although very, very slowly...). I'm not scared of dying when I think of it, but if I was terminally ill, or if I was in a situation where death was inevitable or very probable, then yes, I would probably be quite scared. It's in our genes to do everything possible to avoid death, except when protecting others, so you can say it's natural. What would scare me much more is the possibility of life after death, or immortality. That would be horrible.
    Without seeming like an annoying bore,
    Life is a situation where death is inevitable..

ReputationRep:
    I think of it as having a lie in, forever.

ReputationRep:
    no it excites me. :sexface:

no seriously though, im quite curious as to what happens after that, if anything at all. its almost as if all your questions about life, religion, who's right and wrong will all be answered.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of not doing everythingnI want to before I die, but death itself doesn't faze me; I'm hoping it will be very peaceful, like just sleeping forever
    I guess I'm a little worried about dying, cause I'd assume it's both painful and bloody terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Something_Ironic)
    But isn't all death a wasted life?
    If you die, you lose everything. Seems like a waste in my opinion.
    What do you think?
    True in some respects, if you believe in no afterlife then you would think nothing happens, you lose all sense of existence. But he could have meant leaving behind a legacy, for example children or an influence on society/the world, and even though you would not see it; there could be people knowing you after your dead in a way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.