Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your IQ?.......(Official scores only) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to put forward 2 questions to those who have taken an IQ test in controlled exam conditions, overseen by any governing body which mensa would accept as genuine enough for entry (in this case, disregarding the score of course).

i.e the real deal, no online tests, home tests etc (I'm sure someone will still make a joke concerning this regulation, I'm waiting.....)

Questions:

a) What is your IQ? (out of interest )

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    This will end well.

ReputationRep:
    a) can't remember but yeah did mensa got it
    b) not really, i think intelligence is also about open mindedness and for example, intelligence is related to skill. if you were stuck on an island and you had to fish to survive except you have no idea how to do it and there's another person who's illiterate but knows how to survive- who's more intelligent in this case?
    intelligence is whatever makes you most useful i society

ReputationRep:
    'People who boast about their IQ are losers.' - Stephen Hawking.

Why would you take an official IQ test? Apart from wanting to act clever (when it is debatable how good an IQ test actually is at measuring intelligence) there's is no other reason.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was assessed by an educational psychologist type person when I was little who passed on her assessment to Mensa and I got in. Never took the actual test though so don't know my IQ.

Oh and I think it's fairly useless to be honest. Motivation and drive gets you much further. I should know, I lack both and am resolutely average.

ReputationRep:
    421. My big head accommodates my gigantic fact filled brain.

ReputationRep:
    0901 61 61 104

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedubstep)
    Why would you take an official IQ test? Apart from wanting to act clever (when it is debatable how good an IQ test actually is at measuring intelligence) there's is no other reason.
    The same reason why you see guys driving Jeeps and Land Rovers without ever driving on so much as a dirt track - small penises.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have it I can't afford to have my IQ tested:cry2:

I did an unoffical one at some event a few years ago, I got 125 and puts me in doctor and teacher category.

Edit: Oh yeah! and this thread will end very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    0.901 61 61 104
    Fixed...yes yes, it's a pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know my IQ, but in the top 5% of the world academically.

EDIT: Haha, neg rep? Trolls.

ReputationRep:
    148 according to Facebook test
    154 according to Mensa test
    I consider both to be pretty meaningless numbers. Although IQ tests are still fun sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperGuy)
    Fixed...yes yes, it's a pleasure.
    Not a Cher Lloyd fan then.

ReputationRep:
    This thread = :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperGuy)
    Questions:

a) What is your IQ? (out of interest )

b) Do you accept IQ scores (in general) as good measurements of general intelligence?
    a) No idea.
    b) No. I have a friend who is extremely intelligent academically, with a ludicrously high IQ BUT she is a social retard. She can't interact with people, she's never had a job in her life and she will most likely struggle with building relationships. For me general awareness and being sharp is a pretty important factor when it comes to intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    I find that the people who are most likely to have their IQ tested (officially) are either geniuses or retarded. Most people simply won't bother. They may do it out of curiosity of course but I don't see any other reason.

ReputationRep:
    I just tried to do a IQ Test, did it, 40 questions it took about 20 mins and then they sai they'd give me the results once I'd paid! piss take!

ReputationRep:
    depends how hard I practice. Oh noes, my IQ must be going up and down!

Must... practice... rearranging... shapes...

ReputationRep:
    7 1/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Not a Cher Lloyd fan then.
    Who? I'm assuming she/he is one of the contestants in a competition/talent show.

Paying to create future z-listers......tut tut.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.