Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    okay so we have to produce a presentation on death and how it affects people and emotions it creates and stuff but i have no idea what to do or what to even put :/ can anyone help pleasee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laureenox)
    okay so we have to produce a presentation on death and how it affects people and emotions it creates and stuff but i have no idea what to do or what to even put :/ can anyone help pleasee
    You want us to do your presentation?

You're the one who has been in the lessons, use what you've been taught!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    You want us to do your presentation?

You're the one who has been in the lessons, use what you've been taught!
    no i want help and we havent been taught anything its to get us thinking about themes after this we are going to study poetry

ReputationRep:
    You'll be the one benefiting in the long run if you do it yourself you know...

ReputationRep:
    no i want help and we havent been taught anything its to get us thinking about themes after this we are going to study poetry
    Ok, fair enough, I'll help.

First, think of what you want to say - what point do you want to get across?
    Then, research some information about this subject.
    Next, make a powerpoint, or handouts.
    Finally, voila. Une Presentation.

ReputationRep:
    i dont even know what point i want to get across thats the thing i mean what point can you get across about death

ReputationRep:
    Well do you have any personal experiences relating to death? How did it make YOU feel?

ReputationRep:
    hmm yeah thank you i think i will focus on feelings rather than the morbid side of death

ReputationRep:
    i dont even know what point i want to get across thats the thing i mean what point can you get across about death
    Are you for real?

Write a list of all the things you can think about death affecting people eg, close family member dying, funeral costs, arranging the funeral, wills, disease such as cancer, accidents, trauma, grief counselling, children who are affected, hospital staff... idk, anything!
    Pick one or more...

..then use your brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    Are you for real?

Write a list of all the things you can think about death affecting people eg, close family member dying, funeral costs, arranging the funeral, wills, disease such as cancer, accidents, trauma, grief counselling, children who are affected, hospital staff... idk, anything!
    Pick one or more...

..then use your brain.
    yeah but its suppost to touch people if i just write about funeral costs most people will fall asleep instead of being touched im going to base it around feelings

ReputationRep:
    yeah but its suppost to touch people if i just write about funeral costs most people will fall asleep instead of being touched im going to base it around feelings
    Funeral costs are one of the things that evoke emotion in people! Could you imagine having the person nearest to you die, and not being able to afford the costs? Or having to arrange the funeral on your own? Think of the difficulty, the heartbreak.
    You wouldnt just write about one thing, ffs. But this is a part of death.
    Do you want to write about the same thing everyone else has written about?
    Or do you want to show your teacher that youve researched hard and thought about everything.

ReputationRep:
    What about the conflict between death being a release for the person who dies and almost a prison sentence for the people they leave behind, e.g grief, sorry, etc.
    What about trying to be contoversial? Trying to find a positive of death, for example the relief people can feel when someone dies who is in pain or even someone they hate. Also how death affects people of different ages, children may not understand it and their grief is delayed till they're older. Do you think older people feel as much sorrow, maybe they don't because they're closer to death themselves.

Hopefully I've given you some ideas!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.