The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mevidek
erm the idea is sick. You don't see animals shagging dead corpses do we?

Yes we do.
Reply 141
yeah thats been clarified.
As far as I'm concerned the mortal remains of a person are at the very least property and as such should be governed according to property law. If I had a car I'd be pretty pissed off if someone had sex with the exhaust pipe, with a dead relative I'd be furious at the insult to the memory of the deceased, this alone constitutes a moral case to oppose non consensual necrophilia.
Original post by Nefarious
As far as I'm concerned the mortal remains of a person are at the very least property and as such should be governed according to property law. If I had a car I'd be pretty pissed off if someone had sex with the exhaust pipe, with a dead relative I'd be furious at the insult to the memory of the deceased, this alone constitutes a moral case to oppose non consensual necrophilia.

Whose property would the body be?

Suppose for example, that a man wants to have sex with his dead wife's body, but the parents of the dead wife consider this an insult to her memory and don't want him to do it. Would it be morally acceptable for the man to go ahead with it? Does the body belong to him, or does it belong to the parents, or does it belong to other family members (siblings, children etc.)? Whose wishes take priority?

This is of course, assuming that the dead wife consented to it before death. Obviously she has rights over her own mortal remains.

I agree that it is immoral to just go and have sex with someone else's property without their permission - but who owns a dead body?
Original post by whythehellnot
So I've been thinking, is there anything inherently wrong with necrophilia?

The facts:

1. No one gets hurt (lets assume that no one finds out about it for a while)
2. <ost people wouldn't rationally object against using a sex toy.

IF we are going to get all emotional, that's fine I suppose, but from a rational perspective is there anything morally wrong here? :colone:

Original post by milkytea
Consent? There is nothing to consent about, it's dead body ffs.

From a utilitarian point of view, it seems unlikely to be classed as immoral. The only exception I can think of is if friends/family of the victim find out and it emotionally traumatizes them.

That doesn't mean it isn't a vile act that should be condemned because frankly it is disturbing.. but immoral? I think not.

Both of you. Do you want to be shagged when you're dead? no you ****ing sick bastards leave the dead IN PEACE

REST IN PEACE?

oh no. LETS **** THEM UP THE ASS
Original post by siwelmail
Both of you. Do you want to be shagged when you're dead? no you ****ing sick bastards leave the dead IN PEACE

REST IN PEACE?

Do you believe that dead people know what's being done to their bodies?
When a dead person is getting eaten by worms, does that count as "resting in peace"?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by tazarooni89
Do you believe that dead people know what's being done to their bodies?

And I thought i mentioned the words rest in peace, and that most people when they die want that, rather than to be ****ed by a creep?

Does someone who does necrophilia on a dead body have a conscious? how can they sleep with themselves if they do something like that?
And I thought i mentioned the words rest in peace, and that most people when they die want that, rather than to be ****ed by a creep?

I just asked simple yes/no questions. You haven't aswered them.

Once again:
Do you believe dead people know what's being done to their bodies?
When a dead person is getting eaten by worms, does that count as "resting in peace"?

Does someone who does necrophilia on a dead body have a conscious? how can they sleep with themselves if they do something like that?

I don't know, that's for a necrophile to answer.
(edited 13 years ago)
I just asked simple yes/no questions. You haven't aswered them.

Once again:
Do you believe dead people know what's being done to their bodies?

I don't know, that's for a necrophile to answer.

no.
no.
You're a sick freak if you actually seem to be siding that ****
I suppose, based on the principle morally wrong means there has to be a victim, I agree with OP. Obviously anyone who does this is a sick **** still.
no.
no.

Why do you tell people to leave the dead to "rest in peace", when you believe that:
1] The dead don't know what's happening to them anyway
2] The dead cant rest in peace anyway - not while being consumed by bacteria and worms etc.

You're a sick freak if you actually seem to be siding that ****

Siding what? I haven't "sided" anything. All I've done is ask questions to find out more about your argument :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Why do you tell people to leave the dead to "rest in peace", when you believe that:
1] The dead don't know what's happening to them anyway
2] The dead cant rest in peace anyway - not while being consumed by bacteria and worms etc.

in response to:
1) We don't know that, but if their family/friends find out?
2) The expression rip isn't to do with their body being laid to rest, as a term of rest, as in peaceful, it means they've been put down and their 'soul' or whatever is at rest and there is no angry spirits around :redface:

Siding what? I haven't "sided" anything. All I've done is ask questions to find out more about your argument :s-smilie:

ok i understand that
1) We don't know that, but if their family/friends find out?

In most cases, I'd imagine their feelings would be hurt.

Do you believe that the feelings of family and friends take precedence over the wishes of the deceased individual themselves? For example, it is not inconceivalble that a dying person gives their husband/wife permission to perform sex acts on them once they are dead. What if this should occur? Do the family and friends' wishes come first? Or do the deceased individual's wishes come first?

2) The expression rip isn't to do with their body being laid to rest, as a term of rest, as in peaceful, it means they've been put down and their 'soul' or whatever is at rest and there is no angry spirits around :redface:

I don't understand. You believe that necrophilia brings "angry spirits" around to the person's grave? What kind of angry spirits? What do you mean by that?

Also, evidently you believe that necrophilia prevents a person's "soul" from resting. Do you not believe that getting eaten by bacteria and worms prevents their soul from resting as well?
(edited 13 years ago)
Whose property would the body be?

Suppose for example, that a man wants to have sex with his dead wife's body, but the parents of the dead wife consider this an insult to her memory and don't want him to do it. Would it be morally acceptable for the man to go ahead with it? Does the body belong to him, or does it belong to the parents, or does it belong to other family members (siblings, children etc.)? Whose wishes take priority?

This is of course, assuming that the dead wife consented to it before death. Obviously she has rights over her own mortal remains.

I agree that it is immoral to just go and have sex with someone else's property without their permission - but who owns a dead body?

It's part of the estate of the deceased as such it's the property of their next of kin unless specified otherwise in the will, this with the qualification that it is to be disposed of according to the wishes of the deceased, in the same way that a will can impose preconditions on the transfer of money and property

Well, as 100% of the population dies, I think they have a wide choice... And therefore, they won't be sleeping with just themselves :wink:.

(sorry, every other post I have made in this thread has been serious. I couldn't help myself. :redface:)
Original post by lightburns
Well, as 100% of the population dies, I think they have a wide choice... And therefore, they won't be sleeping with just themselves :wink:.

(sorry, every other post I have made in this thread has been serious. I couldn't help myself. :redface:)

no problem im bored of speaking about dead people anyway
Rather disturbing, yes.

Immoral....it's hard to find grounds for saying that it's immoral.

REST IN PEACE?

Read the post you quoted please?

"That doesn't mean it isn't a vile act that should be condemned because frankly it is disturbing.."

Just because something is disrespectful, disturbing and shocking doesn't necessarily mean that it's immoral. For example pulling a moonie in public could be all three of those things, but it isn't really immoral. Necrophilia is obviously reprehensible and we should endeavour to stop people doing it. It's not immoral, though, imo.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 158
Take it from me man, it's not worth it...
Reply 159
its is immoral

unless stated by the deceased that after deatn that they give thier consent to sex it is even more wrong

saying that they cannot give consent because they are dead is like taking thier peosessions as they have died and wont be using them anymore

and its just sick really

Latest

Trending

Trending