Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, i just bought the new kinect from ebay and the description said that it was a UK model, however when i recieved it i noticed that although the main title and a few other things were written in english, the important bits on the back were written in four diffirent languages, not english. unlike the sensors from shops, the front title says KINECT CAPTEUR/SENSOR/SENSORE. and where the bar code is, it says for distribution in NL/FR/DE/IT.

is this even the UK model for UK xbox's

ive opened it to look at but not fully just in case, i just want to know if this is even going to work with my xbox interms of the language and most importantly the voice recognition.

please explain and fully justify your comments

thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought all language settings are configured by the settings on your Xbox. Europe is all one region, so there also shouldn't be any region encoding issues.

ReputationRep:
    The hardware is the same no matter what country it is shipped too. The language can be changed if it's not default English.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.