Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

help an old man! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My daughter has just received a conditional offer of acceptance to study English next year.
    We missed the open days through being too dissorganised and Aberystwyth just just seemed that little bit too far away to include in our whistle stop tour of UK universities!
    Both myself and my wife have never been to University and have no idea what she can expect from now on.
    I would say she is very very excited at the offer but is extremely nervous about flying the nest.
    Any words of wisdom or snippets of information we can share with our daughter that will make her look forward to her stay at Aberystwyth even more?

ReputationRep:
    You can get a direct train to Birmingham, and it's very pretty.

I was considering on applying, but the courses provided didn't have the type of modules I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    been there old bro, library is crap, teaching was sloppy and the students were stoners who failed to get into better establishments. i hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jolteon)
    been there old bro, library is crap, teaching was sloppy and the students were stoners who failed to get into better establishments. i hope this helps.
    oh oh... Being old... Im just not sure if your joking or not!!!!
    What to think!!!
    What to do!!!

Pretty is good though and train links are important too

ReputationRep:
    she'll be getting nobbed by a different bloke every nite - she'll love it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.