Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on Wednesday for Study Abroad. I applied to institutions in North America. I know that they're going to ask me the fundamental questions of why I want to do it, what I think I can get out of it, and what can I offer to the host intitution.

So how would I go about answering these questions?

Because, to be perfectly frank, all I can think of is that I really want to study abroad regardless of any sort of 'logical' reason.

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    Americans are all about out-of-school activities, voluntary work and contribution to the community, so try to bring out these. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I have an interview on Wednesday for Study Abroad. I applied to institutions in North America. I know that they're going to ask me the fundamental questions of why I want to do it, what I think I can get out of it, and what can I offer to the host intitution.

So how would I go about answering these questions?

Because, to be perfectly frank, all I can think of is that I really want to study abroad regardless of any sort of 'logical' reason.

Thanks for any help.
    Well the easiest way to answer this question imo would be along the lines of:

-I am interested in gaining an American perspective of (insert whatever course you are doing). Then give a few reasons you want an American perspective.
    -Gain an understanding of the culture.
    -Expands a global view.
    -New experience

ReputationRep:
    Say this:

'I am a terrorist trying to get by. I plan on blowing up a few prestigious US institutions. Where do I sign?'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.