Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, my ex and I were together for 2 years, and we broke up over a month ago now. I miss him! It was a mutual break-up but he's showing no remorse whatsoever, and I'm sitting here like a fool night after night wondering what he's doing. We cut off all contact two weeks ago and he hasn't even attempted to speak to me. I'm going downhill without him, I still love him and he knows it, but he wont take me back for whatever reason he has decided not to mention. I've tried the 'show him what he's missing' thing, I've been out constantly, but every time I end up drunk and phoning him or leaving him voicemails. There's a guy at uni that I know is into me, but I just can't bring myself to move on because I still know I love my ex. Any tips for getting him back? Or have I screwed it up for good? And please don't tell me to 'move on' - I've tried, I can't
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cettefille_x)
    Okay, my ex and I were together for 2 years, and we broke up over a month ago now. I miss him! It was a mutual break-up but he's showing no remorse whatsoever, and I'm sitting here like a fool night after night wondering what he's doing. We cut off all contact two weeks ago and he hasn't even attempted to speak to me. I'm going downhill without him, I still love him and he knows it, but he wont take me back for whatever reason he has decided not to mention. I've tried the 'show him what he's missing' thing, I've been out constantly, but every time I end up drunk and phoning him or leaving him voicemails. There's a guy at uni that I know is into me, but I just can't bring myself to move on because I still know I love my ex. Any tips for getting him back? Or have I screwed it up for good? And please don't tell me to 'move on' - I've tried, I can't
    xx
    I know how you feel.. It's difficult and I wish I knew the answer.. I had a rebound guy.. wish I guess wasn't such a good idea because I completely f****d up my friendship with that new guy. And for months I thought about my ex every day and it wasn't getting better. Until the last 4 months or so I've generally stopped thinking about him as much.. I'm not sure how, I guess it's just a slow process..
    Try to get away from what ever things will remind you of him.
    Give a friend your phone when you go out, so you don't end up calling him.
    Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    I know it's pathetic, and I'm probably just saying this now and it'll get better etc etc but I really don't think I can get over this. I'm still lying in my bed every day and thinking about him brings me to tears. I don't know what to do and I know my friends all think I'm being stupid...

ReputationRep:
    bump?

ReputationRep:
    I know you think that now - I thought that at the time too, and I feel really useless saying it just takes time because I wish I could give some proper advice to save the pain. I cried at night for months (not everyday - it got less and less frequent). I guess I was lucky though, because I'd just started a new sixth form so I could distract myself by meeting new people and start new friendship groups, etc.
    Maybe this new guy, hang out with him? Don't agree to anything serious, if you get what I mean. But it could help you to move on. xx

ReputationRep:
    Give it time. It's been 2 months since I went through a break up and up until recently I was just like you.

But knowing that he didn't contact me or even try to, for 2 weeks was the final straw for me, so I sent him an email saying that I was deleting him from my life and proceeded to delete him from Facebook, delete all emails and his number from my phone. He's treated me appallingly and I deserve better.

It sounds like you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and remember that he hasn't contacted you. He's moved on so why would you WANT him back, knowing it took him 2 weeks to do so?

Think about it like that - you deserve someone who WANTS to be with you. So get your self respect back and move on. It will hurt for a while but the pain does lessen. I promise you. Just keep busy and cry when you need to. Talk it through with friends and family and remind yourself that you will love again.

Usually i would say just keep yourself busy, just forget about him, and wonder why girls can get so obsessed. But then i went through the whole relationship thing and we broke up. now i can't even sleep at night, as i stay awake thinking about him. and i keep texting him over and over again. I'm the obsessed one now. It helps when you surround yourself with things to do... and eventually you will realise you haven't thought about him that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Usually i would say just keep yourself busy, just forget about him, and wonder why girls can get so obsessed. But then i went through the whole relationship thing and we broke up. now i can't even sleep at night, as i stay awake thinking about him. and i keep texting him over and over again. I'm the obsessed one now. It helps when you surround yourself with things to do... and eventually you will realise you haven't thought about him that much.
    Just starting to feel like I'm the crazy ex-girlfriend... but even though I know that my behaviour is what will make him think that, I still can't let him go. He's my best friend, two weeks without talking to him is slowly but surely killing me I keep waiting for the day he realises how stupid he's been and asks me back, but as the weeks go by, I can't seem to convince myself it's not happening. It's 5/6 weeks and he still doesn't seem to miss me... :s

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.