Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to build my muscle and weight... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm male, 5'9 and nine stone (which is 126 pounds as far as an online converter is aware) - I'm skinny, and want to build my weight to a relatively suitable amount, and then build my muscle. I think my preferred body would be something like Christian Bale in "American Psycho":

http://www.mamapop.com/wp-content/up...an-Tanning.jpg

What kind of diet and exercise routine should I take up?

ReputationRep:
    Routine : Google Mark Ripptoe's starting strength

Diet : 2800 + calories a day, consisting of about 1 gram of protein per pound of body mass, so you weigh 126 pounds, so try eat 126 grams of protein. Fish, Tuna, Lean meat MILK MILK MILK and protein shake. Lift heavy, eat eat more and sleep.

Boyaaa

EDIT - Break down your meals into 6 meals per day, this way your body is constantly getting nutrients to the muscles. Carbs in the morning

ReputationRep:
    On topic please ladies and gents.

ReputationRep:
    Rippetoes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.