Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know this will sound stupid, but i just can't do it. Guys dont seem to like me. What am i doing wrong? I'm not the most unattractive but not stunning, i do look after myself, whilst not plying myself with inch thick foundation and bleaching my hair. I've never been able to meet a guy, i met up with someone on a night out once, he bought me a drink but i didnt take anything any further. I had a guy that liked me in a martial art club i train at, but he was older than me (too much older to be in a relationship with) but he admitted he really liked me.
    What can i do to find a guy? There's only one guy on my course, i'm a health care student and i dont like him haha. I'm not trying to sound desperate i'm just asking your advice on how i can meet people etc without going out getting drunk every weekend!
    Thanks, Poppett xx

ReputationRep:
    Intresting.

ReputationRep:
    Down the back of the sofa.

ReputationRep:
    Don't look for one, the right guy will come to you, wait longer. If not you don't need a man to make you happy!
    Try involving your self in more social activities where you can meet new people too. Theres like 30 million men in the UK but you have to get yourself out there to notice and be noticed.

ReputationRep:
    Why hello there :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Your name is Poppett?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    maybe starting hanging out with the guy off your course... he might have some nice friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know this will sound stupid, but i just can't do it. Guys dont seem to like me. What am i doing wrong? I'm not the most unattractive but not stunning, i do look after myself, whilst not plying myself with inch thick foundation and bleaching my hair. I've never been able to meet a guy, i met up with someone on a night out once, he bought me a drink but i didnt take anything any further. I had a guy that liked me in a martial art club i train at, but he was older than me (too much older to be in a relationship with) but he admitted he really liked me.
    What can i do to find a guy? There's only one guy on my course, i'm a health care student and i dont like him haha. I'm not trying to sound desperate i'm just asking your advice on how i can meet people etc without going out getting drunk every weekend!
    Thanks, Poppett xx
    I suppose you could go to your local pub and tell the landlord/landlady you have an announcement to make. Then stand up on the nearest table (and stamp your feet) and say:

"I want a BOYFRIEND, and I want it NOW!!!".

Alternatively you could walk around in your town/city/on campus in a sari and twirl around with an "I want a boyfriend" sign on your back?

Alternatively you could go up to a man in a bar and put your index finger on his nose and say "Are you single?". If the answer is 'yes', then you could say "Please can you be my boyfriend"?

Alternatively, if you are apprehensive you could go online on websites like www.match.com and www.shaadi.com and say that you are looking for a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you fell completely and so I'll be sensitive to your feelings. Every single girl that I have asked out have said no to me. But I don't get downhearted at this. You shouldn't either.

I know I'm not the most fantastic looking person out there but I try to persuade them to like me with my personality. I'm very kind. Just wait. One day someone will find an attraction to you. Sorry I can't be much help.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Poppett xx
    post a pic

ReputationRep:
    Hi

PM me? (serious)

im good looking and funny, what more could you want

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, it happens when you least expect it.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore some of the jerkish comments from above.

Just wait, I know its annoying but nothing you can do about not having a boyfriend. Unless you actively start participating with guys a lot more, I'm sure you have one or two guy friends you could ask if they wanted to go to watch a film or something?!

And if your not that bad like you say, maybe there is already a guy in the wings waiting for you :-)

OP - You've got nothing to lose, so find one guy you like and go for it, I'm sure your not that bad [hopes :-D ]

Wanna know something?

Being actually attractive is MUCH MUCH worse, than being average and all.

I get the guys - but if I give in to quick, then I don't get a chance to show them that I'm more than just a pretty face.
    On the other hand if I make them wait - they get bored and move on.

Or worse yet is when you have more than one guy after you at once, and I can never choose which one.

Hence I'm having to wait too, but wait and at the same time bat douches off.

It's actually really depressing me at the moment, to the point where I have actually, in all seriousness, considered just not having any such relationships anymore. Friends yes, more no.

And I'm sorry if I sound up myself regarding appearances, but I don't really know how else to word it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Poppett xx
    There's a guy on a health care course?! Now I've heard everything...

ReputationRep:
    Wanna know something?

Being actually attractive is MUCH MUCH worse, than being average and all.

I get the guys - but if I give in to quick, then I don't get a chance to show them that I'm more than just a pretty face.
    On the other hand if I make them wait - they get bored and move on.

Or worse yet is when you have more than one guy after you at once, and I can never choose which one.

Hence I'm having to wait too, but wait and at the same time bat douches off.

It's actually really depressing me at the moment, to the point where I have actually, in all seriousness, considered just not having any such relationships anymore. Friends yes, more no.

And I'm sorry if I sound up myself regarding appearances, but I don't really know how else to word it.
    ^ Queen troll ^
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Try actually getting to know the guy first, usually you tend to find someone when you ain't looking or least expect it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennaz77)
    Don't look for one, the right guy will come to you, wait longer. If not you don't need a man to make you happy!
    Try involving your self in more social activities where you can meet new people too. Theres like 30 million men in the UK but you have to get yourself out there to notice and be noticed.
    Red = *******s

Green = Good advice

ReputationRep:
    get off TSR and go out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Well sunshine, you do.
    I disagree :shrug:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.