Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you stand up to this violent attacker on a bus? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you stand up to this violent attacker on a bus?
    I would physically confront the attacker and protect the victim.
    45.52%
    I would verbally confront the attacker, but avoid physical confrontation.
    24.63%
    I would stay out of it and just call the police.
    20.90%
    I would do absolutely nothing, and try to ignore it.
    8.96%

ReputationRep:
    Article.

What would you have honestly done?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly say I would have at least tackled him. I think it is disgusting that no one did anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    I can honestly say I would have at least tackled him. I think it is disgusting that no one did anything.
    Internet have-a-go-hero, aye?

ReputationRep:
    you forgot to add 'do nothing but film it and put it on youtube' as an option
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Internet have-a-go-hero, aye?
    Not at all, evidently, you don't know me at all and thus cannot make a judgement of my character. However, I know that I would do something, I am not claiming to beat the **** out of the guy or anything, I am just a firm believer that if people see one person standing up for what is right in said scenario then they will follow suit.

Most people are followers and are thus scared to stand up first.

ReputationRep:
    I'd get my baseball bat. jk, i'm a pacifist.
    I'd call LAPD.

ReputationRep:
    If I knew I could win the fight I would, if not then I would call the police.

ReputationRep:
    Btw she has a lousy ass husband.
    Honestly, you don't even need to be that brave to hit this guy on the head with something hard, or attack his weak spots, head, gut, balls etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    I'd get my baseball bat. jk, i'm a pacifist.
    I'd call LAPD.
    Good idea. Knowing how slow the metropolitan police can be, the LAPD would probably get there first.

ReputationRep:
    would verbally tell him to stop at the LEAST...

ReputationRep:
    I've ended up in hospital twice helping complete strangers in violent situations, I don't see why I wouldn't do it again.

Wait... The husband didn't do ****?

Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd confront him physically because I highly doubt that I would stand a chance against him consdering what he did to this woman. However, I would definitely call the police and try and do something - it is an absolute disgrace that people were laughing and that nobody has come forward as a witness.
    *Not only not standing a chance against him physically, but I wouldn't want to anger him even more, thus heightening the abuse received by the poor woman who was the original victim!

ReputationRep:
    well, the guy was 5ft10 so hardly intimidating + he was well out of order
    id deffo do something

ReputationRep:
    I would be terrified i would try and do something.
    Although, it that situation who knows how we would react?

ReputationRep:
    I would have said something to him, there's no way I would be able to physically do anything. I find it hard to believe no male on the bus tried to physically stop him, particularly the woman's husband...

ReputationRep:
    Racist mother****ers how dare you accuse my brother from another mother just because you have a video of him doing it doesn't make it proof it may have been a freak occurance such as him stretching his arms as she happens to get attacked by the wrath of God

you see a beaten up woman you see a black guy you immediately assume the black guy did it this disgusts me

ReputationRep:
    As i am proudly scottish, and i watched Braveheart last night, I'd say yes, yes i would

ReputationRep:
    I would call the police first... but if things got out of the limit before the police came, I would step in...

ReputationRep:
    I voted verbally because that's what I'd do first. If he then decided to start on me, I'd have to get involved in a scrap, knowing I probably don't stand a chance, but taking a beating is better than just sitting there doing nothing about it, and then beating myself up over it after. I always do/don't do things and regret it terribly after, and it doesn't go away until a few months have passed, but standing by and watching someone get attacked is on a whole new level.

I'll add (because I'm being totally honest) that I'd wait a good 15-20 seconds to see if someone else decided to be a hero instead, before taking up the role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    I've ended up in hospital twice helping complete strangers in violent situations, I don't see why I wouldn't do it again.

Wait... The husband didn't do ****?

Jeez.
    Nothing about the attack is funny but the image of the husband standing like 1 metre away from the violence watching his wife get brutally beaten like that as he stands there just doing nothing, is fairly humorous to me - that is like comedy skit material

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.