Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    Anyone applied for the London school of pharmacy for 2011?
    Havent visited the school yet, but meant to be really nice. I am just wondering if you are a current student whats it like there? and whats the night life like? Because i have been given an interview.

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've applied to LSOP. I was just wondering how long it took for them to get back to you as its been over a month since I sent mine off and I still haven't heard from them. Also, what were you predicted? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I sent mine off on the 25th of october, the got back to me withing 2-3 weeks, and offered me an interview the 1st of this month. Then 3 days after my interview they offered me a place.
    I was predicted All A's, in chemistry, maths, RS, and Biology AS. LSOP was a really nice place, with a really friendly atmosphere. Fingers crossed on the grades now XD

ReputationRep:
    hey guys...just made an account so i could comment on this thread
    basically...this thought has been bothering me for a few days now...i got invited to attend an interview in march but i'm thinking...do they invite EVERYONE who apply to lsop for an interview or am i actually lucky? lol i dont want to get too happy lol
    and about this maths test... i don't do a level maths....so what kind of maths are they after...i will really appreciate it if someone could help me out...i'm literally freaking out! thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi people Please what sort of questions were you asked during the interview

ReputationRep:
    Hey Collins okonkwo, and hazeleyez...
    i no this might be a late reply...but better now than never. i had my interview on dec and i got an offer of AAB. dont worry about the interview, all you need to no is the course structure, why LSOP, why pharmacy? and i was a medic they asked me why pharmacy instead of medicine? also..... they asked me about the roles of pharmacists, and what type of pharmacist i wanted to be. they asked about cancer treatment, and common drugs- e.g. metformin, they dont ask tricky questions, they ask really simple questions so dont worry honestly. Also they are reallly friendly!!! so dont worry once again.

about the maths test...its like mental maths nothing hard, so u dont need alevel maths to do it. its really simple, but the time goes out really quickly. and u have to type the answer into the computer, before it goes to the next question. its more like a game than a test! hahah. And dont worry, even if u do badly in the maths test, you will get u're offer, bcoz i'm sure i got loads of questions wrong haha. and the man said the maths test, wasnt a test, but to show us, what maths questions we will be dealing with in first year of pharmacy. anyways, hope this has helped, and if u want to know....feel free to help. and good luck for u're interview! you'll do brilliantly!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Abi_27;30140655]Hey Collins okonkwo, and hazeleyez...
    i no this might be a late reply...but better now than never. i had my interview on dec and i got an offer of AAB. dont worry about the interview, all you need to no is the course structure, why LSOP, why pharmacy? and i was a medic they asked me why pharmacy instead of medicine? also..... they asked me about the roles of pharmacists, and what type of pharmacist i wanted to be. they asked about cancer treatment, and common drugs- e.g. metformin, they dont ask tricky questions, they ask really simple questions so dont worry honestly. Also they are reallly friendly!!! so dont worry once again.

about the maths test...its like mental maths nothing hard, so u dont need alevel maths to do it. its really simple, but the time goes out really quickly. and u have to type the answer into the computer, before it goes to the next question. its more like a game than a test! hahah. And dont worry, even if u do badly in the maths test, you will get u're offer, bcoz i'm sure i got loads of questions wrong haha. and the man said the maths test, wasnt a test, but to show us, what maths questions we will be dealing with in first year of pharmacy. anyways, hope this has helped, and if u want to know more....feel free to ask. and good luck for u're interview! you'll do brilliantly!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Abi_27;30140696]
    (Original post by Abi_27)
    Hey Collins okonkwo, and hazeleyez...

about the maths test...its like mental maths nothing hard, so u dont need alevel maths to do it. its really simple, but the time goes out really quickly. and u have to type the answer into the computer, before it goes to the next question. its more like a game than a test! hahah. And dont worry, even if u do badly in the maths test, you will get u're offer, bcoz i'm sure i got loads of questions wrong haha. and the man said the maths test, wasnt a test, but to show us, what maths questions we will be dealing with in first year of pharmacy. anyways, hope this has helped, and if u want to know more....feel free to ask. and good luck for u're interview! you'll do brilliantly!
    hows your medicine appl going?
    i got an offer as well and have the grades :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    my med application is going S*** LOL
    i' got a straight rejection from UEA, and still waiting for Lancaster, Abeerdeen and Keele to reply back!!! waiting is annoying lol. btw u have an offer for LSOP or for med? If LSOP i'll c you in September, provided I get the grades haha! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i' got a straight rejection from UEA, and still waiting for Lancaster, Abeerdeen and Keele to reply back!!! waiting is annoying lol. btw u have an offer for LSOP or for med? If LSOP i'll c you in September, provided I get the grades haha! :cool:

Unlucky. lol. Ive been rejected from Keele medicine. Got an interview in St georges tho.
    I got my offer for LSOP so yeah,i might be seeing you september too! haha

ReputationRep:
    I was also a med student and got two straight rejections, and still waiting for Keele to reply back! But I've got an offer from LSoP; I think I'd rather do pharmacy over medicine anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate
    i have an interview soon with school of pharm.
    Was wondering the maths test did that include the basics ... metric units, fractions, etc etc.
    Also Cancer treatment and common drugs blimey..... care to explain, soz just worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voices1)
    Hi mate
    i have an interview soon with school of pharm.
    Was wondering the maths test did that include the basics ... metric units, fractions, etc etc.
    Also Cancer treatment and common drugs blimey..... care to explain, soz just worried

Hey, the maths test was really easy! Just know your GCSE stuff; standard form, indices, basic multiplication etc. It was so easy, I got like 27/30 so you'll be fine trust me! And it doesnt form part of the selection process, so dw if you do bad!

The interview is fine aswell! For me, they just wanted to know why LSoP, why pharmacy, about my work exp. and anything I read in media etc. They were really welcoming aswell, because I was really nervous to begin with, but they really helped me to settle in!

Just find something in the media that really interested you, and you can talk about that!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on 1st march at lsop. How long do they take to reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom108)
    Unlucky. lol. Ive been rejected from Keele medicine. Got an interview in St georges tho.
    I got my offer for LSOP so yeah,i might be seeing you september too! haha
    after intw?
    happened to me last yr-dont take it to heart

what did abdn say?

ReputationRep:
    i havent heard back from lsop since applying so im assuming itl be a straight rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pharmapplicant)
    When I asked, they said within 2 weeks, but they replied back to me in a week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immediate)
    after intw?
    happened to me last yr-dont take it to heart

what did abdn say?

oh i didnt have an interview with them. i just called them up, and they said that if u dont hear from them by mid march expect a rejection!! ahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pharmapplicant)
    then got back to me after 2 days. good luck btw!!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on 1st march too, its been a week now and I still haven't heard back anyone else who their interview then heard back yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.