Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please tell me what you think of my singing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title say's

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanFletcher95?feature=mhum

Say what you think of it please, I just want to know!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    :erm: You;re not the best I've ever heard but I'm not screaming for it to stop either.

Let's just say that you;re much better than me .

ReputationRep:
    In all honestly, it was pretty bad. I have heard worse though, if that makes it any better. :-l

ReputationRep:
    This is me laid down, i'm also about to start singing lessons so it should improve soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchdd02)
    As the title say's

Thanks!
    LOL :lol:

Good God...

Not sure if serious

ReputationRep:
    Prepared to lose all sense of your dignity? Do anything to get famous? We'll make you a star in no time sunshine.

Regards, Simon Cowell.

ReputationRep:
    Not great, sorry dude! xx

ReputationRep:
    Dulcet tones of a dying pigeon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up your day job...
    I'm assuming you're attempting the ellie goulding version on the basis that the pronunciation of some of the words is odd, like she does.

ReputationRep:
    Might have sounded a bit better with some music in the background? Overall not that great :/

ReputationRep:
    Awful, truly awful. Keep it in the car dude.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    This OP..

Not good at all,
    practice practice practice and then post something worthy on youtube..

I have been playing guitar for abt 6 years now and I still don't have the guts to post a video on youtube...... Because there are so many great young artists there, compared to them my skills seem unworthy....

Just look at this kid,

This is instrumental because I have experience with instruments... explore youtube, you will find some awesome young singers...Try BoyceAvenue...

I am sure you get my point...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DopplerEffect)
    This OP..

Not good at all,
    practice practice practice and then post something worthy on youtube..

I have been playing guitar for abt 6 years now and I still don't have the guts to post a video on youtube...... Because there are so many great young artists there, compared to them my skills seem unworthy....

Just look at this kid,

This is instrumental because I have experience with instruments... explore youtube, you will find some awesome young singers...Try BoyceAvenue...

I am sure you get my point...
    Fair enough, I posted it to get an honest opinion and that's what i've got! I am having singing lessons starting from next week so hopefully things will start to improve. That kid is brilliant and so are BoyceAvenue!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to say it's good cos you're probably a nice person but it wasn't too good. sorry

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I posted it to get an honest opinion and that's what i've got! I am having singing lessons starting from next week so hopefully things will start to improve. That kid is brilliant and so are BoyceAvenue!
    Good luck with the lessons... Hope to see a better vid (with instruments ofcourse..) next time....

ReputationRep:
    honestly, that was a massive cringe.

ReputationRep:
    As the title say's

Thanks!
    you don't seem to convey much emotion when you sing. the lyrics of this song are so beautiful and when you sing it, its important that you convey the meaning behind the words rather than just sing the lyrics. watch people like bruno mars and pixie lott when they perform live or even eminem. you can really hear every word and feel the power and emotion in the lyrics. when ellie sings this, she shows a softness and vulnerability that is in keeping with the lyrics. that is often more important than the actual vocal ability. keep practising and hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkuoRGig4Cs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TA7H...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DopplerEffect)
    Good luck with the lessons... Hope to see a better vid (with instruments ofcourse..) next time....
    Yeah thanks, I hope to produce a better vid after christmas sometime, then see how it's going but I can't play instruments so it won't have any in it i'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks, I hope to produce a better vid after christmas sometime, then see how it's going but I can't play instruments so it won't have any in it i'm afraid!
    play the original track on the background in a low but audible (the instruments must be audible too..) volume..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.