Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think we need a forum for this long case study. Any ideas of what will come up?

ReputationRep:
    seems quite a tricky case study, could be something to do with the poor objectives or the little influence hamish has as the managing director

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul1203)
    seems quite a tricky case study, could be something to do with the poor objectives or the little influence hamish has as the managing director
    totally agree, objectives are not even published and are really vague. He seems uninterested with the success of the company. the only thing he cares about it designing!

He said he wanted more visually appealing data, preps that is what they should thinking about. ie bar charts, line graphs for data not just tables.

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll ask about the high capacity, either how to solve it or what it means for ADaPT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ade92uk)
    I think they'll ask about the high capacity, either how to solve it or what it means for ADaPT
    yeah and the capacity may be linked with 1a and be a time series analysis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lum300)
    yeah and the capacity may be linked with 1a and be a time series analysis!
    I agree, I think question 1a is going to be a time series analysis. So far they've used
    1. ARR and Payback
    2. Ratios

The first questions is always a calculation and the two above don't show that it's going to be something simple like percentage change (Table 1 or 3). The only options are ratios again or TSA.

Also question two has both times been about objectives, but the effect of different things:
    CC- Legal Identity on Objectives
    LCL - Interest rates on Objectives

This time may be:
    ADaPT - GDP and Government spending on objectives

ReputationRep:
    pretty nice exam. in particular the last question. The first question for trend series analysis appeared weird at first but then i understood that i just had to continue the trend and work out the difference between the -2.00 variation, the trend number in order to get the actual output.

ReputationRep:
    definitely. I liked it but didn't get to finish last question. I didn't figure out how to work the actual output because there were so many ways i thought of, so in the end i just guessed an answer as i was running out of time. All the questions were pretty nice.

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys get 5 for the time series analysis question??

The last question was really nice and the gdp and mmf essay was ones i prepared for whcih was good :P

ReputationRep:
    I got 6, but a guess like i said. Someone else doing the exam said they got 4.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone taking this exam in the summer (2011)?

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm taking it.

I think the case study comes out before the Easter holidays?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think so too, doesn't look too challenging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam.)
    Yep I'm taking it.

I think the case study comes out before the Easter holidays?
    Case study came out today...looks fairly straight forward (touch wood!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahsl)
    Case study came out today...looks fairly straight forward (touch wood!)
    yeah, my teacher had mine for a week or so but we officially got them today..will have a read later as we've been told to look at relevant legislation just to start relating to the case study.

ReputationRep:
    For the 2011 BPL case Study

http://www.obolynx.com/educator/info...udy-exposition

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.