Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chlamydia Treatment, Did the nurse tell me wrong ? Watch

Right so went and got tested, turns out the ex gave me chlamydia! Oh great! Neways the nurse gave me these 4 tablets and told me to take all 4 at once WITH FOOD and then that will be it.

Firstly I was a bit surprised that thats all I have to take to sort it and thought it would be more complicated like a course of anti biotics ?

secondly I read the leaflet and it said not to take it with food ? What the **** ?
    The nurse said SEVERAL TIMES "WITH FOOD" so I took it with food as I thought she would know best. Is this right ? They can also be taken one at a time for things like throat infections so maybe it was for that ? And if taking all 4 at once you need to eat first or something ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It will be antibiotics you have been given, you probably need to take with food as they might irritate your stomach. I had painkillers that were to be taken with food because they irritated your stomach.

Chlamydia is easily treatable so don't worry it will be gone in no time.

Yer im just worried as she distinctly told me to take it with food, then when reading the leaflet is said to take on empty stomach ?!!

She really stressed with food so thats what I did lol! Hope its ok

ReputationRep:
    Its not going to do any harm taking it with food when you don't need to.

Thank you for that! Just worried that it wouldn't work! Its bad enough to get it in the first place but to then think its all gone when you still have it just makes it worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_flower)
    Its not going to do any harm taking it with food when you don't need to.
    In some medications it really can, they specify a time to take it for a reason.

OP I'd google the drug name... you can always phone up your GP to double check. If you have taken it at the wrong time, they'll know if it's a big deal or not. You should be offered a retest anyway just to make sure it's gone if there is a question mark over when you should have taken it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.