Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Julian Assange hands himself in to the authorities Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...ine?intcmp=239

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...assange-police

Please note that not only has Assange been arrested but Visa has withdrawn its support for donations as well as Swiss banks and PayPal.

Feel free to discuss anything on this topic.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...assange-police

ReputationRep:
    He hasn't been charged with anything has he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    He hasn't been charged with anything has he?
    He was already charged with sexual assault in hiding (probably a CIA ploy). He came into the open to clear his name.

ReputationRep:
    This is madness...

He handed himself in because he is innocent and wants to prove that. If he kept running he'd only look guilty. Plus, he is a massive attention whore who craves media attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    This is madness...

He handed himself in because he is innocent and wants to prove that. If he kept running he'd only look guilty. Plus, he is a massive attention whore who craves media attention.
    Think this might cause the release of Insurance if things start to get out of hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    He was already charged with sexual assault in hiding (probably a CIA ploy). He came into the open to clear his name.
    I thought he was just wanted for questioning?

ReputationRep:
    Sweden have charged him with it, despite those who were pressing dropping charges earlier in the year. As well as that, the US want him extradited.

ReputationRep:
    Some US conservative politicians have actually campaigned for his death.

ReputationRep:
    Some US conservative politicians have actually campaigned for his death.
    When I saw that all I could do was laugh. "The land of the free"?

ReputationRep:
    Some quotes from a letter sent to the Australian PM's office from government officials, lawyers and academics:

“We should treat Mr Assange the same way as other high-value terrorist targets: Kill him,” writes conservative columnist Jeffrey T Kuhner in the Washington Times.

William Kristol, former chief of staff to vice president Dan Quayle, asks, “Why can’t we use our various assets to harass, snatch or neutralize Julian Assange and his collaborators, wherever they are?”

“Why isn’t Julian Assange dead?” writes the prominent US pundit Jonah Goldberg.

“The CIA should have already killed Julian Assange,” says John Hawkins on the Right Wing News site.

Sarah Palin, a likely presidential candidate, compares Assange to an Al Qaeda leader; Rick Santorum, former Pennsylvania senator and potential presidential contender, accuses Assange of “terrorism”.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Some quotes from a letter sent to the Australian PM's office from government officials, lawyers and academics:

“We should treat Mr Assange the same way as other high-value terrorist targets: Kill him,” writes conservative columnist Jeffrey T Kuhner in the Washington Times.

William Kristol, former chief of staff to vice president Dan Quayle, asks, “Why can’t we use our various assets to harass, snatch or neutralize Julian Assange and his collaborators, wherever they are?”

“Why isn’t Julian Assange dead?” writes the prominent US pundit Jonah Goldberg.

“The CIA should have already killed Julian Assange,” says John Hawkins on the Right Wing News site.

Sarah Palin, a likely presidential candidate, compares Assange to an Al Qaeda leader; Rick Santorum, former Pennsylvania senator and potential presidential contender, accuses Assange of “terrorism”.
    Whatever happened to the right to a decent trial? The hypocrisy is almost suffocating.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happened to the right to a decent trial? The hypocrisy is almost suffocating.
    "I want to make sure that Americans do understand that there is a little bit of disappointment in my heart about the world of journalism today. And I don't want any individual journalist to take it personally but--I have such great respect for the role of the media in our democracy, it is a cornerstone, it allows the checks and balances. But only when there is fairness and objectivity in the reporting."
    Sarah Palin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANARCHY__)
    Sarah Palin
    Sarah Palin : n.f. Manipulative beast native to Alaska who feeds on the credulity of the masses.
    "The rednecks cheered when Sarah Palin shot a bear in the head and made a statement about American values"

ReputationRep:
    Sarah Palin : n.f. Manipulative beast native to Alaska who feeds on the credulity of the masses.
    "The rednecks cheered when Sarah Palin shot a bear in the head and made a statement about American values"
    http://www.watchglennbeck.com/video/...aks-questions/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.