The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Do top law firms want QMUL LAW graduates?

Do top law firms like QMUL Law graduates? Like Allen and Overy, Clifford and Chance, Freshfields and so on... etc
Original post by iheartmondays
Do top law firms like QMUL Law graduates? Like Allen and Overy, Clifford and Chance, Freshfields and so on... etc

call the law frims and find out
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
subscribes*
Reply 3
Original post by i_hate_teeth
call the law frims and find out

That would require the OP to actually big a boy/girl and doing some of their own research which they clearly either dont or cant do!
Original post by jmat
That would require the OP to actually big a boy/girl and doing some of their own research which they clearly either dont or cant do!

ohhh shutt up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't assume things!! my thread was edited by a moderator! *********************************
Reply 5
I don't know but I'd like to see the forthcoming replies to this thread.
Reply 6
I like where this thread is going...

*gets popcorn and starts reloading the page every 30 seconds*
Reply 7
ohhh shutt up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't assume things!! my thread was edited by a moderator! *********************************

Have you shown even a scrap of initiative by trying to research the question you've asked yet?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jmat
Have you shown even a scrap of initiative by trying to research the question you've asked yet?

i hope you get run over by a bicycle with no breaks!! :smile:
i hope you get run over by a bicycle with no breaks!! :smile:

Are you soulfulboy?

Either him or an eight year old.
Reply 10
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Are you soulfulboy?

Either him or an eight year old.

Its a curious thought that people with the maturity of an 8 year old may well be in the same univeristy studying the same degree as me next year, dont you think?
A handful of my friends who graduated 08/09 got into top law firms i.e Freshfields, Simmons and Simmons (I think thats how you spell it), Denton Wilde Sapte, Linklaters.

Usually the top law firms take from Oxbridge, UCL, LSE, Kings and that sort.

Most QM law grads went down the solicitor track after graduation only a handful did the barrister route.
Well I'm a QM graduate and I have an interview with Slaughter & May for a Non-Law Training Contract in March - does that help?
Reply 13
There was QMUL barrister on that BBC Best Jobs documentary the other day.

I suppose it depends on the individual and their personal experience, but a QMUL Law degree is not as impressive as a Law degree from Oxbridge, UCL, King's, LSE etc when applying for training contracts and pupillages.
A very tiny % and I'm talking single digits get training contracts from QMUL especially judging from the 08-09 classes. Many of them are in non-legal careers now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending