Monday: 4.5 Miles
    Tuesday: 7.5 M (:eek:)
    Wednesday: Nada
    Thursdays: Diagonals
    Friday: 3M
    Saturday: 6M
    Sunday: Nada

Extras

Well after a shin splints scare I'm doing the vast vast majority of my runs on grass and building up the intensity much much slower.

ReputationRep:
    Diet:

Cereal for breakfast
    2 ASDA sandwhiches and a banana
    Hoolahoops, some jaffa cakes and some cashew nuts
    Steak, fish fingers, chips and peas (Mad tea eh)
    Fish finger sandwhich and a banana

ReputationRep:
    Alright one day I will upload those times. Didn't manage to get out during the week for various reasons. Played football 3 times this weekend; on Friday I couldn't get into it for whatever reason. Saturday was great. Had the energy and lungs to get up and down the pitch well; haven't been this fit since I was about 13. This afternoon I was understandably tired, my lungs could take it but the energy just wasn't there. I'll call it 3 HIIT sessions.

ReputationRep:
    Too ill to run at the moment. This thread is a curse, I haven't been on a proper run since I made it.... :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Noone has commented? Who are you talking to Jeppa ? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    Noone has commented? Who are you talking to Jeppa ? Lol.
    Ouch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppasloth)
    Ouch
    Lool, sorry, literally couldn't resist

ReputationRep:
    Anyway now you've commented someone has done so I'm no longer talking to myself.

Lool, sorry, literally couldn't resist
    As my only follower, what do you think of my training so far?

ReputationRep:
    Anyway now you've commented someone has done so I'm no longer talking to myself.
    Darn it!

As my only follower, what do you think of my training so far?
    You still eat quite a bit of junk...what are you trying to achieve by the way? I don't understand it..

ReputationRep:
    You still eat quite a bit of junk...what are you trying to achieve by the way? I don't understand it..
    Well right now I think I should push getting fit for football as my number one priority. So I'm trying to mix in a few more tempo runs/HIIT and keep 1 long slow run.

Long term who knows.

ReputationRep:
    Alright then it's back after probably a year (Last year I stopped because it got cold :teehee:).

Aims/Goals

- Get fit for my 5 a side team, pretty disgraceful when I score the least and cover the least ground.
    - Enter a few races, not in a competitive way, just to see how I'd get on
    - Get a good fitness base for future plans (I might start running competitively or start doing triathlon if I get fit enough)
    - To run because I enjoy it

Diet

**** that, I like my food much more than I do winning races. However I will try and bring in porridge for breakfast and cut out fast food. But the epic roasts, macaroni and cheese etc stays! And I'll try to eat more carbs like double up the rice or something on days I run.

Any easy and good tips on diet?

Routine

Hmmmm. Well Tuesday seems to be my day to run a long way, although I should change that because I end up back too late and I get a bit worried when it's so dark. Sunday I play football so I like to rest then. Thursday is quite a good day for faster running.

I need help on a routine though. Anything that can combine all my goals is good. Specifically I need to be able to sprint for longer and faster. Sprinting for sustained periods isn't really needed because I get a lot of recovery time when I play.

Alrighty then, so that's my piece. Going to put up some of the times I have saved tomorrow. I am very much a work in progress so all advice is mightily appreciated.
    Diet wise it's worth doing a bit of research.

This guy's youtube channel is really good

http://www.youtube.com/user/Undergro...16/chXCvduiAbs

and this page is good too

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Optimu...t/131822740956

Anyhoo, a good diet is key to progress with your running, so worth keeping an eye on it. Good luck with the routine

ReputationRep:
    Right will start doing a better diet this year.

Only done 2 runs since my last update and they were my last of 2010 :moon: One was just to see where I was up to after 3 weeks off and the other was HIIT. Got rid of my cold so I'm ready and raring to go. Football tonight, maybe a swim tomorrow then a big long one to start the year off properly.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, new year etc etc so new goals.

Since I last posted I did a long run on Tuesday which went well. I got up to 5 laps for the first time since last summer. I also fit in a tempo session of 3 reps of 1 mile.

ReputationRep:
    Run today, went off a bit fast I think and also ate too much before hand. Felt sick after about 30 minutes. Stopped and did a bit of "striding" I read about it this morning and gave it a try. Hurt my knee so had to stop, don't think I'll do it again .

I also forgot to make porridge.

ReputationRep:
    If you're training for football HITT is the best way to go, mimics the in game situations a lot more (football is very stop and start, you rarely continuously run for a few hundred metres).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    If you're training for football HITT is the best way to go, mimics the in game situations a lot more (football is very stop and start, you rarely continuously run for a few hundred metres).
    Yeah I know and that's what I'm torn between. My main problem with HIIT is I hate doing it because I never get into a rhythm really and it's also more difficult to see progress. If I joined a football team I would definitely start doing HIIT but right now I'm looking at running more seriously because it's so hard to get every to play these days. I miss being 13 and going park every day

ReputationRep:
    Right after yet another radical rethink I have settled on a routine. Sticking to this one unless injury threatens. Going to build up to the mileage with slow easy miles. Once I get there I'll hold it for a few weeks then gradually increase the mileage/intensity. No more recklessness.

Run today After worrying I couldn't go slowly enough I managed to run my first mile and a half at 10:30/M :lol: Still no harm in that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.