Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys,

Quick situation here. I like a girl in lectures, and I'm friends with one of her friends, having both lived in the same halls last year. However, I haven't really spoken to her that much this semester. Would it be inappropriate to ask my friend about it?

Thanks.

(Btw, I'm male)

ReputationRep:
    you would ask your friend about a girl he knows? you bloody monster even BumperBo wouldn't sink that low and BumperBo has very shaky morals

ReputationRep:
    What is it you want to know about her? If she's single? If she's ever mentioned you in conversation?
    Is this mutual friend male or female? To be honest you might be better off just making more of an effort to talk to her. Great thing is, is that you have the work excuse, you have a mutual friend and you already know her a bit, so approaching her shouldn't be too scary. Sit next to her in your next lecture together.

ReputationRep:
    he got beaten, he looked the wrong way at a policeman

Mutual friend is female, which I think brings an element of risk into it, since girls talk.

(Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    What is it you want to know about her? If she's single? If she's ever mentioned you in conversation?
    Is this mutual friend male or female? To be honest you might be better off just making more of an effort to talk to her. Great thing is, is that you have the work excuse, you have a mutual friend and you already know her a bit, so approaching her shouldn't be too scary. Sit next to her in your next lecture together.
    I think I might conveniently say hello to my friend before the exam on Thursday, and hope that the girl I like is nearby.

ReputationRep:
    How close is your friend to her? If they're fairly close you could let your friend in on the goss and get them to subtly invite her up the pub with you both and waaaaala

(Original post by laura_802)
    How close is your friend to her? If they're fairly close you could let your friend in on the goss and get them to subtly invite her up the pub with you both and waaaaala
    Well, I know this sounds pretty bad, but I was thinking of talking to my friend a bit more over the next couple of days and then maybe bringing it up. I'm not too close, so I think it might not work to tell my friend directly. I've had a bad experience with that in the past.

As per my previous post, I might just talk to my friend before the exam and then see if she's with her, and then say hello etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, I know this sounds pretty bad, but I was thinking of talking to my friend a bit more over the next couple of days and then maybe bringing it up. I'm not too close, so I think it might not work to tell my friend directly. I've had a bad experience with that in the past.

As per my previous post, I might just talk to my friend before the exam and then see if she's with her, and then say hello etc.
    Orrr another plan is that you could try and sit next to her in lectures and be like 'oh man I fully understood none of that, you look like you did though, maybe sometime you can explain to me what all that was about.'

Slightly cheeky. If your shy then maybe not the best bet. But its guarenteed to get her attention

Orrr another plan is that you could try and sit next to her in lectures and be like 'oh man I fully understood none of that, you look like you did though, maybe sometime you can explain to me what all that was about.'

Slightly cheeky. If your shy then maybe not the best bet. But its guarenteed to get her attention
    Haha I could never pull that off I like to rely more on the confident body language, and then the cocky & funny to get the attraction, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I could never pull that off I like to rely more on the confident body language, and then the cocky & funny to get the attraction, etc.
    I see. Well you deffo need to talk to her more really if you want to make a move. Maybe sit by her a few times and then add her on facebook and talk to her via chat?

I see. Well you deffo need to talk to her more really if you want to make a move. Maybe sit by her a few times and then add her on facebook and talk to her via chat?
    Yeah, definitely true. I've had a think about it and will go with my current plan of action. I'll try to get to know her slowly while using the cocky & funny, and try and start something after Christmas break. Thanks for your advice Laura

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, definitely true. I've had a think about it and will go with my current plan of action. I'll try to get to know her slowly while using the cocky & funny, and try and start something after Christmas break. Thanks for your advice Laura
    No probs, let us know how it goes. x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.