Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are YMCA hostels for gay people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question, sorry for my ignorance but I'm looking for somewhere cheap to stay over new year in new york and the best deal I can find is with this YMCA hostel thing, but are they for gay people or am I just thinking this from the song? It doesnt mention anything about gay people so I might be wrong but I dont want to book it now and then turn up and find it pretty much is lol, any help please?

:rofl:

It isn't. There's no need to be unhappy. You can stay there and I'm sure you'll have a good time.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jonski)
        Just a quick question, sorry for my ignorance but I'm looking for somewhere cheap to stay over new year in new york and the best deal I can find is with this YMCA hostel thing, but are they for gay people or am I just thinking this from the song? It doesnt mention anything about gay people so I might be wrong but I dont want to book it now and then turn up and find it pretty much is lol, any help please?
        well you want to go there so it must be ......

ReputationRep:
        No.
        • PS Helper

I hear it's fun to stay there.

But no, it's not for gay people. Although I'm sure they're allowed too.

ReputationRep:
        No, this is completely untrue. It is for anyone.

ReputationRep:
        You can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal
        You can do whatever you feel ...

ReputationRep:
        :ymca:

ReputationRep:
        Haha well thanks for all your replies, guess I'll just put on my spandex police uniform and hope for the best :|

ReputationRep:
        Hahaha, no. Stopped in one before and it certainly didn't appear to be full of gays (not as though I question every person I cross on their sexual orientation). Actually met some cool people at the one I stopped at.

ReputationRep:
        Have you tried Rita's Appartment hostel in new york? It doesn't always come up on hostelworld etc. It's basically a small apartment with a 4 bed dorm with it's own lounge and kitchen. Was the cheapest place I stayed in NYC though this was in November, might be booked up for new year's already. It's in Harlem.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.