The Student Room Group

Is Cheshire campus far from city centre?

Just applied to MET, and my course means I would be going to chesire campus - One of the reasons I chose Manchester is because I love the city from visiting a few years ago... So the idea I'm in Chesire miles away from it seems alittle annoying personally.

Can anyone tell me what life is like in Chesire as a student? Expensive taxis from manchester city centre etc?

Any feedback greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
I know a girl studies there and from what she's said it is far. However I think the university provides coaches and there are good links to both Manchester and Liverpool for nights out.
I went to sixth form in crewe, which is where the cheshire campus is.
Crewe is a hole, and I really could not think of any worse place for a student to live. It's about 35 minutes by train to liverpool and manchester and there is NO nightlife in crewe. Or shops for that matter.

I really really do not recommend it.
Reply 3
Original post by haveyoumetmissjones
I went to sixth form in crewe, which is where the cheshire campus is.
Crewe is a hole, and I really could not think of any worse place for a student to live. It's about 35 minutes by train to liverpool and manchester and there is NO nightlife in crewe. Or shops for that matter.

I really really do not recommend it.

Yea Iv been researching it and its going to be a last resort tbh, so fingers crossed I get an offer from my other choices, its an insurance choice so not the end of the world.

Tho apparently it looks like that in Crewe
Crewe is a depressing, chav-infested slum that you should avoid at all costs. You'd have a better experience living and studying in Baghdad.
Reply 5
Original post by AidyD
Just applied to MET, and my course means I would be going to chesire campus - One of the reasons I chose Manchester is because I love the city from visiting a few years ago... So the idea I'm in Chesire miles away from it seems alittle annoying personally.

Can anyone tell me what life is like in Chesire as a student? Expensive taxis from manchester city centre etc?

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

The Crewe campus is around 40mins on the train to Manchester city centre, so unfortunately it isn't close to the shops or anything. Train fare will vary, check the National Rail enquiries website which will tell you how much it is for a return ticket from Crewe station to Manchester Picadilly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending