Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm always so lazy with mocks, but my teachers are taking it very seriously this year, I have modules in January so I can see why, but I just wonder if anyone actually ever does!

ReputationRep:
    Yes - your parents see those grades in March...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitediamondsinthesnow)
    I'm always so lazy with mocks, but my teachers are taking it very seriously this year, I have modules in January so I can see why, but I just wonder if anyone actually ever does!
    I find that very offensive... Revising for mocks is on par with slapping your teacher in the face... but it could be a big help for you if you do revise for your mocks... I usually get Us/ Ds for mocks... but as long as you smack it out in the real thing it doesn't matter...

wait scrap most of that... you know that usually your teachers write predicted scores for you and send them to the exam board just in case something happens to you... I don't know about your school but for most schools they base your predicted on your mocks....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meatzaper)
    I find that very offensive... Revising for mocks is on par with slapping your teacher in the face... but it could be a big help for you if you do revise for your mocks... I usually get Us/ Ds for mocks... but as long as you smack it out in the real thing it doesn't matter...

wait scrap most of that... you know that usually your teachers write predicted scores for you and send them to the exam board just in case something happens to you... I don't know about your school but for most schools they base your predicted on your mocks....
    2nd point is true. Believe it or not the mocks aren't there to make your life a misery, it's there to show you how the exam is really going to be. It's all for your own benefit so atleast try your best. If you don't do well take it as a lesson to prepare more efficiently for the real one.

ReputationRep:
    Usually, although not as much as I revise for the real thing of course.

ReputationRep:
    I don't revise for mocks. It gives you an indication of how much you already know without revising imo.

ReputationRep:
    I do. I'm actually revising for them right now! I've also got exams in January, but mocks are just helping me to practise being able to cope with so many exams.

ReputationRep:
    i revise but nowhere near the amount i do for the real ones, the only mock ive really revised for is chemistry because i personally find it hardest.

http://bit.ly/fhlll7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    2nd point is true. Believe it or not the mocks aren't there to make your life a misery, it's there to show you how the exam is really going to be. It's all for your own benefit so atleast try your best. If you don't do well take it as a lesson to prepare more efficiently for the real one.
    I agree with you that it gives you a taste of the real exam... the only flaws in the mock system is that I hate revising so I don't really want to do it twice... and they always seem to be at the times when I have so much work to do...

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you that it gives you a taste of the real exam... the only flaws in the mock system is that I hate revising so I don't really want to do it twice... and they always seem to be at the times when I have so much work to do...
    Don't worry you're not alone!
    I had a Biology mock on Tuesday, got the practice ISA today, my Chemistry teacher doesnt tell us when our real ISA is, it's a lot of work I know but if you can manage to keep the pressure down now, you most probably will be fine when it comes to the real day.

ReputationRep:
    Usually I do revise...

ReputationRep:

Offensive?! Well I did revise in the end, and got the highest mark in Sociology in the year (although that's arguably not very hard!)

ReputationRep:
    Well I tried...but nobody else was revising and so i lost my willpower. My mocks came out all right though

ReputationRep:
    The only year that I actually had mocks, they were very close to some actual exams of mine, so I because I was revising for those modular exams I essentially did mocks revision.
    Had that not been the case I'd probably have brushed up on everything by reading through my notes, but I wouldn't have done the "sit down for 3 hours straight and copy out everything I've ever written" style of revision that I do for real exams.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter, just recognise where you've messed up in the mock and make sure you don't get it wrong in the real thing

ReputationRep:
    I don't kill myself revising for them, but I do revise a little bit. I like to use mocks in order to know where I might be able to improve for the actual exams.

In my A Level mocks for example I got BBCC.. and then got AAAB in my real ones (the B was in GS, doesn't count..) so mocks are helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I ususally revise a bit for them... I normally get up at 6 in the morning on the day and revise from about 6.50 to 7.45 but I would do more if I could be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do revise, it makes revising for the actual exam a whole lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    I panic if I don't revise for exams, even if they're only mocks. It also lets me know what I should actually expect as a final grade.

ReputationRep:
    No and so far, the results are showing the effects of that. :s

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.