Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why don't boys where I live notice me..? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When I go on holiday or just away from my area, I always get appreciative looks, and I've had free stuff like ice cream or chips or something when buying food because the vendor has commented on how I look and i've had guys saying i have nice eyes or something along that line...

But at home i never get approached! Why is that? It's not like I'm expecting anything or big headed or anything, but I don't see why it's different? I used to be shy in years 7-10 (still had friends obviously but I didn't talk a lot to people I didn't know) but then i came out of my sheell in years 11 onwards, and i've now just started year 13 and I'm thinking it might be because of the years 7-10 years and boys just see me as the "quiet boring" one, and can't be bothered to get to know me?

Or do people just look better in sunny places? (I don't tan easily btw)

It's quite a smallish area, where I live.

ReputationRep:
    BumperBo needs to see pics of you to determine if youre as attractive as you say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    BumperBo needs to see pics of you to determine if youre as attractive as you say
    I didn't say I think I'm attractive.. this comes across wrong and makes me sound really arrogant, but I'm just saying what's happened.

and I feel embarassed enough that i'm asking this anonmously, so I'm definitely not posting pics!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyBerrey)
    When I go on holiday or just away from my area, I always get appreciative looks, and I've had free stuff like ice cream or chips or something when buying food because the vendor has commented on how I look and i've had guys saying i have nice eyes or something along that line...

But at home i never get approached! Why is that? It's not like I'm expecting anything or big headed or anything, but I don't see why it's different? I used to be shy in years 7-10 (still had friends obviously but I didn't talk a lot to people I didn't know) but then i came out of my sheell in years 11 onwards, and i've now just started year 13 and I'm thinking it might be because of the years 7-10 years and boys just see me as the "quiet boring" one, and can't be bothered to get to know me?

When you go away boys are intrigued by your accent as its different yet at home its the same so to boys in your local area you seem the same as every other girl and have nothing unique about you.

Also, boys you meet when your away will be interested in you and ask what your area is like and things whereas boys by you already know so are not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    When you go away boys are intrigued by your accent as its different yet at home its the same so to boys in your local area you seem the same as every other girl and have nothing unique about you.

Also, boys you meet when your away will be interested in you and ask what your area is like and things whereas boys by you already know so are not impressed.

I mean also as I pass them on the street or if I go somewhere else in UK

ReputationRep:
    I mean also as I pass them on the street or if I go somewhere else in UK
    They probably find you attractive.

Boys by you are probably scared of asking you because of what their friends think and if word gets round they'll get embarrassed.

Just go upto a boy you like by you and see their reaction. They are probably just scared to approach you.

ReputationRep:

Could be a load of different reasons. On holiday, people are likely to be relaxed and thus more likely to make a move on you if they find you attractive. Regarding the vendor though, he may have just given you free food in order to make sure you came back.

As for the boys at school, if they do see you as the "boring one", well then you'll need to try and change their opinion of you (that is if you even think they are worth the bother). I'm not saying you need to do anything crazy to get their attention but just try talking to them. The decent boys will give you another chance for want of a better phrase.

If that doesn't work out for you, just remember you only have a few months left until the end of school where you'll meet new boys at work or uni who won't already see you as the "boring one".

ReputationRep:
    Maybe to guys round by you, you're a friend or someone's friend or something. This is especially likely if you live in a small area, as you say you do.

Somewhere else, like someone already said, you're interesting, you have an accent and mystique.

Round by yours you're probably just part of the area.

I have a similar problem. Though I'm black, and guys here don't seem to be as appreciative about my type of beauty, as guys in France, Spain and even the Middle East do.

Your answer is either to get used to it, or actually go move abroad so you can get with someone.

ReputationRep:
    I get this too.

Greasy middle-aged Italians sporting glorious semis from across cafes count as attention, right?

ReputationRep:
    i used to have that problem since i was in year 7 to year9,beacuse other people dont notice you dont care and i used to wear extra baggy clothes so mayb thats why try a different hairvut or look

ReputationRep:

You're more loosened up on holiday ... so to speak ... and that comes across in your demeanour, ergo, you're more attractive.

Also, you holiday in summer, when, from an evolutionary standpoint, everyone's on the prowl so they can have their babies in spring.

ReputationRep:

Looks like you got noticed here as well now hah

ReputationRep:
    Because you spend all of your time complaining about it on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Ok please stop it.

ReputationRep:

Because you're not their sister or cousin

ReputationRep:

nude pix or GTFO!

ReputationRep:
    Look at it this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    Because you're not their sister or cousin
    lol, not THAT small!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.