Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Superdry: Is it really THAT good? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed in the past months Superdry has really come into fashion a lot more than they use to. Aside from winter being upon us, I think they're becoming a conventional trend now. I remember in 2009 when they were virtually unheard of, amazingly expensive and made you feel classy. Now you see little ten year olds wearing them, corner street chavs sporting them and they're slowly but surely becoming the new icon amongst mediocre-mid popular fashion models. I like the jackets but I don't like the idea of everyone else wearing something which once had a sense of originality to it. Is that a bad thing? I know equality is important but in this incidence it sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I got my hoody just before it got REALLY big. I still like it, but it's not the same. But what else can you expect from our A&F, Hollister, Jack Wills type generation.

ReputationRep:
    I got a Superdry jacket at xmas 2007. I had loads of people asking where I got it from and what Superdry was. However, that was the last Superdry item i bought. Quite literally every person aged between 16-24 now owns a item of Superdry which completely takes away its exclusivity and any element of 'cool' it previously possessed.

ReputationRep:
    i have a few oh their hoodies, just because i like them more than any other hoodies of the same range.
    But i do agree, walk into any normal college/university and you'll probably see quite a few people sporting superdry stuff, especially hoodies.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my9rides)
    I got a Superdry jacket at xmas 2007. I had loads of people asking where I got it from and what Superdry was. However, that was the last Superdry item i bought. Quite literally every person aged between 16-24 now owns a item of Superdry which completely takes away its exclusivity and any element of 'cool' it previously possessed.
    I don't.

ReputationRep:
    See, I don't understand the hype about Superdry. I was wearing a top from there and so many people came up to me commenting about it and asking for the price. At that time I had never really heard of it, I just liked that shirt so I bought it. This was only a year ago. I don't like most of their clothes, though; not my style.

ReputationRep:
    The hoodies are really soft and warm. But that's all I have that's superdry.

My boyfriend has a coat, loads of hoodies, a few tshirts and polos, and some shirts. I really like them, they're all quite nice and suit him. He's quite a "throw something on" kind of guy, and looks good in polo shirts. It's hard to find a normal tshirt that isn't too plain, and I think superdry is quite good for that. The shirts are really nice too (but he hasn't got the checked one yet... LOADS of people have that).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.