Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Young Student living at home vs. independent girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    First post...Boom.

I'm 21 going to university and living at home. It seems all the girls I am attracted to are independent students. Some are from foreign countries.

I really want to atleast start making my intentions clear but I don't know if I'll be seen as a child/immature since I'm living at home. I am shy but when I'm comfortable with people I think I come across as a cool guy.

Apart from uni I play a lot of football. I'm not the most outgoing guy in the world but I have my moments.

Every situation is different but generally, do you think I'd have a chance?

ReputationRep:
    i dont know.
    No one knows, just go and find out.

go and talk to them, see what happens. The worst she can say is no, not really a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    BumperBo expected a video of a fight between a nerd and some feminist women
    needless to say BumperBo was very disappointed with this thread

ReputationRep:
    I'm living at home this year (Final year at Bournemouth - live just outside Portsmouth).

Biggest mistake I ever made.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody independent ever had a relationship with someone in my situation?

ReputationRep:
    I think it may be harder in your case as you're a guy. A lot of the girls I know at Uni who live alone or with friends would not go for a guy that lived at home. I'm not one of them so I don't know why. However, I know guys that go out with girls living at home..It may be that girls who have moved out and have matured a bit more want a bf to have done the same....

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

Okay, I was having coffee with a friend and she (a foreigner living here alone) she asked if I was still living at home. At first I was going to feel embarrassed to say, but I wasn't. I'm not a mummy's boy or anything :P. Anyways I'm in my penultimate year of university. I'll hopefully get a job in a year and move out.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, uni terms are so short that students who live away from home in fact spend half their time at home. A month at Christmas, another at Easter and then four in the summer, and there you have it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.