Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

Basically I am a little lost with what Uni will be best for me for my course 'Computer forensics and security'. I will try and explain the situation as good as I can :/ These were my choices on my UCAS application:
    Greenwich - Computer forensics and security
    Greenwich - Business computing
    Bournemouth - Business computing
    London Met - Computer forensics and security
    Canterbury - Computer forensics and security

I've sent my application off and received offers from Bournemouth, Canterbury and London Met all in the same day. Computer forensics is the course I really want to do, as this is what I feel I will enjoy doing, and can perform well in. However I heard that Bournemouth was a really good Uni, and I can swear when I looked they didn't offer Computer forensics! However I checked today out of interest and found it on their website under forensic computing and security! I was gutted! But i've been on the phone to them today and hopefully when I call them back tomorrow, they will be able to change my course to Computer forensics Ive just been researching the different Uni's now so I no what choice to make, and can basically rule out London Met after reading this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1462040
    Ive got good friends who go to Uni at Greenwich and study Business management, and I have been and stayed up there and really enjoyed myself, as we went out in central London! But I have no idea how they rank with Computer forensics
    Canterbury is just around the corner from me and have been there many of times on school trips. But really only put it down as a back up!
    Bournemouth I have heard so many great reviews about, but haven't had the chance to visit

Can anybody give me some good advice on the different Uni's and the course I have chosen?

Many Thanks for your time,
    Josh

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'd be glad to help you with this issue. By my calculations, the average rank for each University you've chosen above, is as follows:

The Bournemouth University: Average Rank - 41
    The Canterbury Christ Church University: Average Rank - 102
    The London Metropolitan University: Average Rank - 110
    The University of Greenwich: Average Rank - 90

These figures were calculated by averaging the overall University score, and the overall Course score of each University. I only used two sources of information, which were as follows:

The Guardian: University Guide (2011)
    The Independant: The Complete University Guide (2011)

If you need help with anything else, please ask. I'm new on this forum, so I'd love to help in any way possible.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you for the information! I can clearly see that Bournemouth is quite a bit higher than the rest. I think I might put Bournemouth as my first choice, and greenwich as my second. Although I will miss the city lifestyle :/ but can always live there after uni

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.