Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have any siblings or are you an only child? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Evening all.

After a discussion with someone today, I want to know how many of you are an only child or have siblings. As someone who has two very annoying younger brothers, I kind of envy those of you who are the younger children in your family or only child. Do you disagree with this view.

I should also point out that of all the people that I know who are an only child have only ever been white. This I would put down simply to cultural differences (we did a whole topic on this in GCSE Geography ) but I am sure that there are people of all ethnicities who are an only child. What are your thoughts on this? Do you see yourself having any children at all, let alone one? Would you like to have your own 'Brady Bunch'?

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    I have a sister

ReputationRep:
    Only child I would actually like to have a large family when I'm married though, I think it's nice for children to have a sibling because they know what you're going through if they are of a similar age so it can take the pressure off them a bit. I've always been the focus and sometimes that can be a good thing because it means I can get help when I need it, but it can be a bad thing if I do something wrong!

ReputationRep:
    only child

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 older brothers. And yes, I do eventually see myself having children.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an only child

ReputationRep:
    I've got an older sister, and I do prefer being the younger child!

ReputationRep:
    I'm an only child and can't begin to comprehend what it is to have a sibling.

ReputationRep:
    I have an older sister but I feel like an only child.

ReputationRep:
    Only child I like it. But I think when I get older I will wish I had siblings.

ReputationRep:
    All ronery :moon:

I don't mind, I quite like it. But dislike having a small family in general.

ReputationRep:
    I have ten siblings and absolutely love it

ReputationRep:
    I've have two brothers and one sister. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    i have a sister and a brother, both younger. we fought a fair bit when we were younger but now we stick up for each other. i love them tonnes (ridiculously protective oldest child here ha) & can't imagine not having siblings! :/

ReputationRep:
    No, but I would prefer it if I did

ReputationRep:
    One younger brother, 5 years 1 month my junior. Used to dislike it, these days he's the only family member I consistently get on with.

I don't ever want children.

ReputationRep:
    I have a brother, he's 14 months older than me.
    I don't think I'd like to be an only child so I will have at least 2 children, and have them close together because me and my brother have always got on really well

ReputationRep:
    I have a twin and an older brother. I am the youngest by half an hour; or 37 minutes if you want to be pedantic.

ReputationRep:
    I have one younger brother, he is a legend and I miss him!
    I don't want kids at the moment and I don't think I will.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of both really :lol: wierd I know!

Until the age of 18 I was raised as an only child, though I knew I had siblings elsewhere in the world, I always considered myself to be an only child because that's the way I was raised.

Since turning 19 however, I discovered there are 6 of us in grand total.

It's wierd, because in my mind i'll always consider myself an only child, but very obviously i'm not. Not sure I explained that right. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.