Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

im a med appl on gap...i have to work in office.....need some advice pls:) Watch

ReputationRep:
    i currently got a job but its almost not worth the minimum wage i get.I have to work with 2 convicts (not very major crimes) and a very arrogant short asian girl whos dropped out with Ds and Fs in GCSE.
    Im quite a nice person but i dont want to come across as humble because they have a culture of blaming each other and believe me you dont want to get on the wrong end of them.We have a manager but the job is really depressing have to log job appl and help clients with cvs.
    I geuss its good for my appl but its so boring!!!!!!!!.................. ..
    Im a very hyperactive person and i think some ppl will agree with me when i say that i cant sit in a lecture or meeting for more than 10 mins unless its dead imp!
    I dont do any sports anymore which used to be the only thing i enjoyed because all my friends have gone uni...i dont knw what do?pls help:o:o
    (I hope they dont find my tsr login but i got done for playing games-(believe me its that depressing))

ReputationRep:
    anyone
    ?

ReputationRep:
    no one?

ReputationRep:
    Get a different job? Also, why can't you play sports just because your friends have gone to uni :lolwut: ?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Sit on TSR all day and talk about random cr*p..
    It's what the rest of us do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09MattH)
    Get a different job? Also, why can't you play sports just because your friends have gone to uni :lolwut: ?
    the job i have now encourages you to find another job but its extremely hard, i should be grateful tbh and most ppl on tsr will probably kill for a job. i cant play because ive got no friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    tsr is before yahoo on those things that look like work....lol

ReputationRep:
    but if iget caught...ill get recautioned

ReputationRep:
    You don't need friends to play sports is my point...It's an awesome way to meet new people and make new friends! What sports did you use to play?!

Unless you live in a small village miles from anywhere, then there will be work if you look hard enough...surely?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan3)
    but if iget caught...ill get recautioned
    What did you get cautioned for before? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

I spent all day at work on here today, constantly checking the bsms thread to see if anybody had heard anything......

They hadn't ..and so the wait continues

ReputationRep:
    What did you get cautioned for before? :hmmm:
    game!!!!the one recommended on tsr with that little guy who replays himself
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:

I spent all day at work on here today, constantly checking the bsms thread to see if anybody had heard anything......

I can relate to that :rolleyes:
    As I keep saying.. I can't wait till March.. and we can all be done with UCAS forever
    Hopefully :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

do you work in an office too?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan3)
    game!!!!the one recommended on tsr with that little guy who replays himself
    :hmmmm:
    I don't think I have played this game.. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    :
    I can relate to that :rolleyes:
    As I keep saying.. I can't wait till March.. and we can all be done with UCAS forever
    Hopefully :rolleyes:
    are you still with most of your mates? all my mates got into medicine from my school except me?even guy dentistry

ReputationRep:
    how can i be discreet abt tsr
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan3)
    :

are you still with most of your mates? all my mates got into medicine from my school except me?even guy dentistry
    No :no:
    All my mates have gone to university.. but this doesn't stop me from living this year
    I still go out when I feel like it, have made some new mates from playing pool on these nights out, and also have been going on a 'UK tour' where I've been visiting my mates at their uni's and sampling the night life at those uni's to keep myself sane.
    Besides, at least they all come home in the next week or two :yep:

ReputationRep:
    No :no:
    All my mates have gone to university.. but this doesn't stop me from living this year
    I still go out when I feel like it, have made some new mates from playing pool on these nights out, and also have been going on a 'UK tour' where I've been visiting my mates at their uni's and sampling the night life at those uni's to keep myself sane.
    Besides, at least they all come home in the next week or two :yep:
    i still live with parents who are quite religous and i cant go on nights out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan3)
    do you work in an office too?
    :no:

I do revision lessons and help sessions for A-level sciences students at the sixth form I did my A-Levels at :yep:
    It's pretty cool/laid back. And when I'm not doing that I work a couple of days in a shop
    I don't think I'd like working in an office...I'd rather have a few paper rounds or something than do that :lol: Only because I'm not too fussed about having lots of money to take to uni, I'd rather just have my loan and learn how to live poor from the start, rather than waste it all during freshers week! (and waste my whole gap year working) So any money I do save I intend to blow on travelling next summer anyway :awesome:

So are you working full time in this office place?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.