The Student Room Group

I'm a dick but I never mean to be

Hey

Basically I'm getting really wound up about this. All through my life I have been a bit of a dick and done the occasional very dickish things (sometimes being an absolute **** to people). The thing is I never mean to be. I didn't mind before but now I'm 20 and its kinda getting me down, I don't really want to be that dickish guy - I'd rather be nice and well-liked - but its hard because I always end up being a bit of a dick. I think its usually because I'm quite shy (although I probably appear reasonably confident a fair amount of the time) and often don't really think about things in social situations.

I do have friends, some of which are pretty close, but I tend to end up turning quite a lot of people away from me through the things I do/ way I act sometimes. Most of my friends are fairly dickish as well and much as I love them I wouldn't mind getting in with some nice people, I always just seem to **** it up.

Help? lol
Reply 1
If you stopped saying 'dick' so often you'll have made a good start. Just try to relax and have fun, don't let yourself get wound up over the small stuff.
If you repeat it enough times, you'll eventually believe it. :yes:
Reply 3
When you're supposed to do/say something, do/say the opposite thing :P. Read Paul Arden's book.
You're going to have to be more specific about your behavior.

What kind of things do you do/say - why? - what effect does it have specifically on the people around you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending