The Student Room Group

Feelin like a bit of a loser right now. :(

I'm 15 now and have never had a gf. I want to go out with someone but have always been really shy and I go red when I talk to girls. I'm not really a geeky guy or anything just an average person. How can I become more confident in myself and ask somebody out??
Reply 1
Well, you'll have to learn to like yourself first. If you don't like you, how can you expect someone else to? Being contempt with yourself with increase you're confidence and girls like confidence..
(but don't start to be too cocky!)
You are 15 for god sake, stop worrying and just enjoy yourself. In time you will get a girlfriend.
Reply 3
Original post by BumperBo
you probably are then
BumperBo is just thinking out loud since you made the same desperate pathetic thread twice now
no offense, BumperBo is all love

is it just me or is this guy the worst poster ever on tsr
no offence
Reply 4
Original post by scotttb
no offence

All I know is, I want him dead!
Reply 5
Original post by Law123mus
All I know is, I want him dead!

Original post by scotttb
no offence

I <3 BumperBo!
Reply 6
Original post by missderrie
Well, you'll have to learn to like yourself first. If you don't like you, how can you expect someone else to? Being contempt with yourself with increase you're confidence and girls like confidence..
(but don't start to be too cocky!)

Surely looking down on yourself doesn't help?

Couldn't resist. :tongue:
Reply 7
wait until you're 43 and then you can feel like a loser...

:emo:
Reply 8
Original post by scotttb
no offence

Everyone should start talking in 3rd person to **** him off!!! Looking now wishes he chose a proper noun for a name.
Reply 9
Susant thinks that Anon will grow out of it.

Hmm....maybe I should add a -kun or -chan at the end for extra points.......
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 15 now and have never had a gf. I want to go out with someone but have always been really shy and I go red when I talk to girls. I'm not really a geeky guy or anything just an average person. How can I become more confident in myself and ask somebody out??

I think the real question you should ask yourself is, why do you think that you want a girlfriend? I can empathise though, I used to get nervous and shy around girls. Think of confidence as a skill though, the more practise you get, the more confident you become. Practise as in, getting out more, meeting new people etc.

In any case, I don't see the point of you trying to 'ask somebody out'. If you've gotten to known someone well enough, became friends and learned more about them, then it will reach a point where it feels natural for you to ask them out.

As harsh as it sounds, when you've grown up enough and learned to be more comfortable with yourself and others, then you won't need to ask yourself that question. Instead the question will be: 'who should I ask out' :smile:
Reply 11
Drink alcohol - it helps :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by scotttb
no offence

none taken
There are people over double your age in the same situation. Feel better now?
Reply 14
Original post by adamned
If you've gotten to known someone well enough, became friends and learned more about them, then it will reach a point where it feels natural for you to ask them out.

Now, you say this, but in my experience, girls don't want to get to know someone before becoming romantically involved with them but would instead go out into town or to a house party, get blitzed and then get shafted by some random guy.

Also, if you spend time "getting to know someone" you run the risk of falling into the friend-zone which is a trap from which no man can free himself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending