Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need advice, i'm in college studying on a level 3 BTEC course and was wondering how you guys make money?

i don't really wanna **** job, does anyone know where to buy t-shirts from at wholesale price and sell for retail

ReputationRep:
    Just a small word of advice! T-shirts are not a good idea. The competition is HUGE so you will need to either get lucky of be absolutely amazing.

Look into things like match betting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My Life)
    Hi I sent you a private message please view it.
    can you send me this secret message of wisdom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    can you send me this secret message of wisdom?
    lol nah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KickStart)
    I need advice, i'm in college studying on a level 3 BTEC course and was wondering how you guys make money?

i don't really wanna **** job, does anyone know where to buy t-shirts from at wholesale price and sell for retail

There are better ways to make money (if you have a little starting capital) than selling crappy t-shirts.

ReputationRep:

Arrr check my blog how to make money everywhere
    Facebook.
    Referring advertising - eg. for £5 I will spread your link to 10,000 facebook friends.
    Affiliate marketing.
    Loads of stuff, I intend to write about just doing 3 a week at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I love your enthusiasm.

ReputationRep:

Alibaba.com has been a great help for me.

Opens you up to all the cheap chinese retailers .

Made 100% returns on phone cases I brought from there, quickly sold them on eBay. Modest £100 profit .

Never really persued import/export, but will do in the future.

Alibaba is great, it will open you up to lots of opportunities. If your smart look for something you see a gap for and exploit it . Only problem is you may need good start up cash to begin.

eBay is great to give you a selling platform for your items and then I would build into a website from that. If you know how to start good websites already I would start both initally and use your eBay to get more customers at your website also. That way if people do not like an item your selling they have more options on the website to buy from.

(Original post by TravelGuru)
    I love your enthusiasm.
    Yeah, keep at it.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heritage Oil)

Made 100% returns on phone cases I brought from there, quickly sold them on eBay. Modest £100 profit .

Alibaba is great, it will open you up to lots of opportunities. If your smart look for something you see a gap for and exploit it . Only problem is you may need good start up cash to begin.

eBay is great to give you a selling platform for your items and then I would build into a website from that. If you know how to start good websites already I would start both initally and use your eBay to get more customers at your website also. That way if people do not like an item your selling they have more options on the website to buy from.

Yeah, keep at it.

That's interesting you should say that as for the past couple of months I've been in contact with some of the sellers on Alibaba, selling similar product to you (iPhone/Blackberry) cases in specific. You have any advice for finding legit manufacturers? Also, how did you choose to pay, did you stick with safe and quick Paypal or did you do wire transfer. Did you mainly market on eBay?

Thanks in advance
    TG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    That's interesting you should say that as for the past couple of months I've been in contact with some of the sellers on Alibaba, selling similar product to you (iPhone/Blackberry) cases in specific. You have any advice for finding legit manufacturers? Also, how did you choose to pay, did you stick with safe and quick Paypal or did you do wire transfer. Did you mainly market on eBay?

Thanks in advance
    TG
    I can tell you have the right attitude.

You have any advice for finding legit manufacturers?

Create an account, use the live help if you have not done so already. I only dealed with the 'Gold Members' or whatever they had there. I would look at how many years they held the title. I would then go to Alibaba Express for that company, over there it shows you their good/bad ratings from all the buyers of their products if they have sold any over there. Lastly I would google and alibaba forum search them, search high and low for any complaints if there are any.

I also promised to buy 1000's more if the order went well. If it is a one of order say, if you want say 100 cases, say I want to try you guys out for just 100 cases and if I like them I want to make a large order of 10,000. Complete B.S. but this is business and they will try harder to make sure you have the best quality. It is a mental thing, human beings work on incentives and you are giving them one to try for you.

Also, how did you choose to pay, did you stick with safe and quick Paypal or did you do wire transfer?

The seller I found used PayPal. I would only use that to be honest, if you cannot find one seller at all accepting PayPal for your products then I would look at alternative payment schemes and make sure the company was REALLY established. Scammers flock to payment services mostly like Western Union where it is hard for you to retrieve your money.

Did you mainly market on eBay?

I sold everything on eBay. £100 was not worth the time to set up a website.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, keep at it.

It looks good, a large variety of products, how do i know if the user is legitimate?

i was looking at designer watches but i'm cautious to spend money incase they're fake

ReputationRep:
    It looks good, a large variety of products, how do i know if the user is legitimate?

i was looking at designer watches but i'm cautious to spend money incase they're fake
    Look at his above post

ReputationRep:
    ooo La LAA!!

ReputationRep:
    I can tell you have the right attitude.

You have any advice for finding legit manufacturers?

Create an account, use the live help if you have not done so already. I only dealed with the 'Gold Members' or whatever they had there. I would look at how many years they held the title. I would then go to Alibaba Express for that company, over there it shows you their good/bad ratings from all the buyers of their products if they have sold any over there. Lastly I would google and alibaba forum search them, search high and low for any complaints if there are any.

I also promised to buy 1000's more if the order went well. If it is a one of order say, if you want say 100 cases, say I want to try you guys out for just 100 cases and if I like them I want to make a large order of 10,000. Complete B.S. but this is business and they will try harder to make sure you have the best quality. It is a mental thing, human beings work on incentives and you are giving them one to try for you.

Also, how did you choose to pay, did you stick with safe and quick Paypal or did you do wire transfer?

The seller I found used PayPal. I would only use that to be honest, if you cannot find one seller at all accepting PayPal for your products then I would look at alternative payment schemes and make sure the company was REALLY established. Scammers flock to payment services mostly like Western Union where it is hard for you to retrieve your money.

Did you mainly market on eBay?

I sold everything on eBay. £100 was not worth the time to set up a website.
    Fair play mate, you seem to know exactly what you're doing
    Is this just a small part time work you do this as? or do u intend on making a living out of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by delasandro)
    Fair play mate, you seem to know exactly what you're doing
    Is this just a small part time work you do this as? or do u intend on making a living out of it?
    Just part time at the moment mate. My focus is the stock market.

ReputationRep:
    Just part time at the moment mate. My focus is the stock market.
    Did you get my PM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by delasandro)
    Did you get my PM?
    Hey thanks mate.

Will reply to you later, if that is okay, bit busy at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Jakal)
    Look into things like match betting!
    This is a good idea. There's a thread on it somewhere in this forum which is really good.

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks mate.

Will reply to you later, if that is okay, bit busy at the moment.
    Yeah that's fine mate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.