Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend has gone off sex... Watch

As the title says... up until a few weeks ago he was always the one pestering me for sex as he had a high sex drive, even though we did it at least every other day. Recently though Ive literally had to offer it on a plate and even then he just doesn't seem interested =\
    Hes not said that hes not up for it and does get aroused just never initiates it any more which is quite odd for him! anyone got any advice??

Oh and i know for definite that hes not seeing anyone else before anyone says it!

ReputationRep:
    Either he's stressed or something and has actually lost his libido, or he's cheating on you.

Ok... a serious post lol.

I've gone off sex with my boyfriend, but its not my boyfriend or anything... its me. Ask him what's up and whether there's something wrong. I have quite painful sex but never really owned up to it until he asked me and he was getting upset about it. So maybe there's something underlying that's causing him to be put off it. I used to have an incredibly high sex drive too... so just talk to him and there might be something you can do, or at least it will help you understand.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend goes off sex sometimes. Generally he's just tired/stressed out or something. More often though he's just hungry :facepalm:
    Talk to him about it?

ReputationRep:
    It's something you really need to speak about with him. I can't see how you can get any reliable answer from us guys...we don't know him...

ReputationRep:
    As a woman, you should be giving him that good good sex so he doesn't want to leave. I don't mean to be rude, but maybe your technique is all wrong and dull now. Have a sit down with him and talk about you can learn to please him. Let him go to town.
    • TSR Support Team

Talk to him about the issue, could be that he is simply stressed or tired

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're following him around 24 hours a day, how could you possible know for definite that he isn't cheating on you? I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything but it is always a possibility, however small...

ReputationRep:
    Could be a variety of reasons.

1) Smoking and drinking are obvious causes, they do in the long term lower libido and make it harder to achieve erections and that may be the reason why he doesn't want to have sex. Although alcohol can help the libido at the "spur of the moment" I've found that drinking can lower it in the long term.

2) Erectile problems as mentioned before. He doesn't want to because he's worried he won't perform, stress, smoking and drinking can all lead to it as I've mentioned before. Give him some time to sort himself out, improve his diet etc. it always helps.

3) I don't know the age of the guy so maybe A Level exams or other things are getting in the way of your sex life. You do find it hard to get in the mood when you're behind and stressing over exams. Give him some time to relax and get over the worst.

4) Obvious answer, masturbation. More stress = more masturbation. Might have cracked one off earlier in the day.

Solution:

1) Get him to cut down drinking/smoking

2) Improve his diet/exercise

3) Spice things up. Roleplay, new lingerie, use an old sock to tie him up if you had to!

4) Just tell him you're horny.

5) ???

6) Profit.

He's probably really tired/stressed out. Maybe there's someting bothering him about his performance and he doesn't want to admit it. I am very tired a lot of the time so like to have sex in the daytime when i'm not, seems dumb but it works for me

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him. He might be stressed or worried about something, this often puts people off feeling like having sex.

ReputationRep:
    seriously, a few possible reasons-and don't be offended
    1.He has got something wrong

Thanks for the replies! I only really asked on here as I wasn't sure if stress could be a cause as it has never happened to me... I just asked him though and he said that its just cos of all our deadlines and money issues that hes worried about!
    and i knew he wasn't cheating as we live together and hes practically home 24/7 as he doesn't have many friends here..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    he said that its just cos of all our deadlines and money issues that hes worried about!
    I've

ReputationRep:
    stressed or busy. Like there was a time you were the only centred thing in his life. now- he has a job, uni, searching for a new flat. Seeing friends, old friends.

ReputationRep:
    serious question.
    are you a munter...?
    have you recently began munting?

ReputationRep:
    Give him a month, if he's not back to normal and can't give you a proper explanation, then he's either gone off you or he's cheating on you. Guys with a "high sex drive" like you claim don't come to a screeching halt without good reason.

ReputationRep:
    He is at the expiremental stage, perhaps. :curious:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.