Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I will be popular for this, and I would like to state that although I completely disagree with my fellow students, I don't want this to turn into a "it's right" or "it's wrong" thread about the protests.

I personally feel that in order to have protests which further your cause you have to win hearts and minds of the people. It is not enough to just moan about things, "occupy" a room of your university that no one cares about anyway, or destroy police vans and terrorise regular people, no matter how noble you may believe the cause to be.

If I was one of these students, trying to get people on side I would have had co ordinated "protests" last week, where instead of marching on London, which people get a bit upset by, all students came together to do something like clear the streets of ice and snow.

I guarantee if students actually did something positive rather than just pissing off half of London, they might get somewhere, with regular people, who in turn might get to politicians.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.