Self Harming Watch

This discussion is closed.
SciFi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Golden Maverick)
Why did you eventually stop? And if you had emotional troubles in the future would you start again?
Thanks
I stopped about four months ago, mostly becuase my best mate, who means the world to me said, if you dont stop cutting your self i will not talk to you ever again, though in return she has been the best friend i could ever ask for and has been unbelieveably supportive.
If i had emotional troubles in the future i may well start again. I was very close to that point last night as a matter of fact.
Golden Maverick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SciFi25)
I stopped about four months ago, mostly becuase my best mate, who means the world to me said, if you dont stop cutting your self i will not talk to you ever again, though in return she has been the best friend i could ever ask for and has been unbelieveably supportive.
If i had emotional troubles in the future i may well start again. I was very close to that point last night as a matter of fact.
I thought last night was good - judging by the other thread! Sounds like your mate made a good call there - only you know how much you owe her. Interrogation over! - can't think of anything else, except perhaps what I or anyone should do if we realise someone is SHing, should we say/do anything? Or maybe only if we're close like you and your mate were?
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought last night was good - judging by the other thread! Sounds like your mate made a good call there - only you know how much you owe her. Interrogation over! - can't think of anything else, except perhaps what I or anyone should do if we realise someone is SHing, should we say/do anything? Or maybe only if we're close like you and your mate were?
Last night was not good, I had come back from oxford and my aforementioned mate who stopped me SH sent a txt to me that i took as saying that i was a waste of her time. i got kinda upset about that.

If you think someone is S/H there is not much you can do. Just try to talk to them about their pain, understand if they really do not want to talk about it. Just do not prejudge and offer all the support you can. It was the unconditional support that I got which saved me, knowing that someone cares about you really can help.
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Last night was not good, I had come back from oxford and my aforementioned mate who stopped me SH sent a txt to me that i took as saying that i was a waste of her time. i got kinda upset about that.

If you think someone is S/H there is not much you can do. Just try to talk to them about their pain, understand if they really do not want to talk about it. Just do not prejudge and offer all the support you can. It was the unconditional support that I got which saved me, knowing that someone cares about you really can help.
Thanks for your patience. I hope it all turns out well with the Oxford girl and your mate. Not all us Oxford people are stuck up and snobby btw, though there are some..
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks for your patience. I hope it all turns out well with the Oxford girl and your mate. Not all us Oxford people are stuck up and snobby btw, though there are some..
I know your not, my mate and the girl aint but a fair few you can see are! Especially for the lower class types like me. Now doesnt talking to me make you want to take a disinfecting shower?? lol!
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know your not, my mate and the girl aint but a fair few you can see are! Especially for the lower class types like me. Now doesnt talking to me make you want to take a disinfecting shower?? lol!
The shower is purely coincidental! No, really I just smell.
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The shower is purely coincidental! No, really I just smell.
So u ever been to Maxwells?? Cos thats where it happened!! I really like it there on friday nights, some very nice girls! :eek:
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So u ever been to Maxwells?? Cos thats where it happened!! I really like it there on friday nights, some very nice girls! :eek:
Not yet actually. Though I might go soon as it's my birthday. Last Friday there was a college party (bop in Oxford lingo) then Filth!
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I just realised the innapropriateness of my sig!
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I just realised the innapropriateness of my sig!
mmm, not really! I do give blood and I am also a bone marrow donor, I'm all for your sig.
Golden Maverick
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mmm, not really! I do give blood and I am also a bone marrow donor, I'm all for your sig.
Maybe not you, but others who look at it. Bone marrow eh, not been asked for that one yet.
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe not you, but others who look at it. Bone marrow eh, not been asked for that one yet.
You get a nice blue card about a year after you donate the blood for the test!!
xXMessedUpXx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i self-harmed for about 5/6 years. it's sort of ongoing really tho i haven't done it sicnce september last year.

i know its a maladaptive coping stratergy but at times when im down its very tempting to revert back to my old coping mechanism.

self-injury is a tricky one, but if anyone wants to talk about it then please PM me
Fluent in Lies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im scared of pain.
xXMessedUpXx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
im scared of pain.
emotional or physical?

its weird because i never once self-harmed with a sharp object because i'm afraid of the pain.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Both really. But I certainly would never be able to self-mutilate, and am thankful that I have lead a life such that I never had to worry about it.
spicu
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im sorry but how can cutting your self be addictive and fun to do? I just dont see the excitement in torturing myself...

some of my old freinds used to do it...can anyone shed some light over this issue?
*starbuck*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
But I certainly would never be able to self-mutilate, and am thankful that I have lead a life such that I never had to worry about it.
I said that too. But there came a point where I just couldn't take any more and it was either cutting or suicide, and I didn't have the guts to do that.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Suicide I dont have a problem with. My only worry would be distress to family.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by spicu)
im sorry but how can cutting your self be addictive and fun to do? I just dont see the excitement in torturing myself...

some of my old freinds used to do it...can anyone shed some light over this issue?
It can be addictive because causing physical pain can distract from the emotional pain. I never found it fun..that would be odd. But it was addictive at times.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (863)
80.28%
Leave (212)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise