This discussion is closed.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by phreek)
Staple remover of course :rolleyes: If that happened the yanking out would have been a whole lot more interesting
What, blood spraying Tarantino-style?
phreek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
What, blood spraying Tarantino-style?
Damn straight!

I tried piercing the webbed skin between my finger and thumb once!
eeve02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Taslima)
is it true that if you try to keep your eyes open while you sneeze, your eyes will just fly out their sockets?

it maybe a conniption, but concept is to enticing to be disregarded
I really, really doubt it. I just tried it by holding my eyes open and it just made my eyes water...
nofx
Report 15 years ago
i have been doing it for about 2 years now, at first it was when i got angry now its a habit.
its nice to talk to people who cant judge you
HaggenDaZ
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Taslima)
is it true that if you try to keep your eyes open while you sneeze, your eyes will just fly out their sockets?

it maybe a conniption, but concept is to enticing to be disregarded
No. It's all legacy because even if your eyes are open, something in your body prevents you from sneezing full on. Plus it's pretty much impossible to keep them open when you sneeze and they will always close halfway.

Self harming: I don't see the point why people do it? Surely it just causes them more pain...
PapeeChumo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
i have been doing it for about 2 years now, at first it was when i got angry now its a habit.
its nice to talk to people who cant judge you
I am not going to pretend and say I understand self harm but out of curiosity doesn't it hurt or can u see past the pain?
nofx
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by HaggenDaZ)
Self harming: I don't see the point why people do it? Surely it just causes them more pain...
because its as if your taking your emotional pain and turning it into physical pain. that way it becomes easier to deal with at the time
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by anisah)
I am not going to pretend and say I understand self harm but out of curiosity doesn't it hurt or can u see past the pain?

I never really felt the pain when i used to do it. Well i did, but emotionally i felt so numb that i self harming made sense because i could feel it. Its very hard to explain.

I don't do it anymore.
HaggenDaZ
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
because its as if your taking your emotional pain and turning it into physical pain. that way it becomes easier to deal with at the time
What kind of emotions do you get that make you resort to self harm?
nofx
Report 15 years ago
it hurts but (i really dont mean to sound like a huge freak) in a way i can see past the pain and sometimes welcome it
nofx
Report 15 years ago
strong ones
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Frustration, anger, numbness, probably every emotion you can think of. And its different for different people.
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because it's easier to deal with than emotional pain. It takes the mind of all the cr*p that's going on in your life. For a small amount of time, it's just you and the blade. You know afterwards it was stupid, but at the time it seems like the only resort.
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No Way....I Could never do that. I'm really squeamish and faint at the sight of blood and cuts.
PapeeChumo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It seems to me from what I have read that self harming is used to forget what is going on in the individual’s life and he/she momentarily tries to gain control by harming themselves.
nofx
Report 15 years ago
deep down i blame myself for everything that has ever happened to me, and it seems to be a way of making up for it
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
deep down i blame myself for everything that has ever happened to me, and it seems to be a way of making up for it
Dude... if you need someone to talk to in confidence, I'm here... ok?
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ive been self-harming for 4years now...wow...didn't realise that it has been that long...
Its sad to see how many people do actually self-harm, coz it shows how many people are feeling that bad that they resort to self-harm.
There are plenty of organisations that you can join (if you wish)...im part of the NSHN (National Self-Harm Network) and they can give you so much info about pretty much anything you may have questions about.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PunkInBlack)
im part of the NSHN (National Self-Harm Network) and they can give you so much info about pretty much anything you may have questions about.
I really hope that that came out wrong. By the way, it's fked up that you've been doing it for so long. Have you been getting any non-s/h specific help as well?
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It seems to me from what I have read that self harming is used to forget what is going on in the individual’s life and he/she momentarily tries to gain control by harming themselves.
For some people it is, but for myself its more that when you can feel like your dead, seeing your own blood makes you feel alive. I know it may sound stupid, but it is amazing how much it can help.
I started when i was 14, i was having alot of trouble at home and at school, and with my boyfriend at the time, and what ever may have been happening, i always blamed myself, so at the time self-harming was a way to take my anger out on myself. Punish myself almost. I saw a councellor for a period of time, but it didn't help me.
I have scars on my arms, and at first i always tried to hide them, but now i like to see them as my battle scars. Self harm never 'goes away'. But it is something you can get under control.
xx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads