Self Harming Watch

This discussion is closed.
PunkInBlack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
I really hope that that came out wrong. By the way, it's fked up that you've been doing it for so long. Have you been getting any non-s/h specific help as well?
Whats fked up is people like you
nofx
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PunkInBlack)
I have scars on my arms, and at first i always tried to hide them, but now i like to see them as my battle scars. xx
i admire you, i could never do that, my scars are hideous and if someone accidently notices i get embaressed, worked up and angry.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Whats fked up is people like you
I'm saying it as someone who's been through it as well, and someone who's known other people who's been through it, but never anything like 4 years. But if you think I'm ****ed up for that, so be it.
nofx
Report 14 years ago
what abot taking it 1 step further?has anyone ever been driven into attempting to commit suicide?
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm saying it as someone who's been through it as well, and someone who's known other people who's been through it, but never anything like 4 years. But if you think I'm ****ed up for that, so be it.
In that case, i apologise...i had no idea. Sorry.
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Before, I had a really closed mind on self-harm. I saw people who did it (on the majority) as attention seekers. Sure, I knew the theories of externalising pain, ect, but I never realised the whole escapism side of it. I can appreciate that now.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In that case, i apologise...i had no idea. Sorry.
That's okay. There are a lot of crappy people out there
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
i admire you, i could never do that, my scars are hideous and if someone accidently notices i get embaressed, worked up and angry.
I know what you mean. I still do sometimes, but only if i see someone staring. Self-harming is a very private thing, and there is no reason for you to feel embarressed about it.
x
nofx
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
Before, I had a really closed mind on self-harm. I saw people who did it (on the majority) as attention seekers. .
most people immediately jump to the conclusion that you are only seeking attention. When my mother found out, thats what they said to me. i simply agreed so as to not bother having to expalin everything else, but she was so wrong
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
what abot taking it 1 step further?has anyone ever been driven into attempting to commit suicide?
Last year...OD'd.
But i'll tell you something, ive done some stupid things in my life, but nothing as silly as that. It is the one major thing i regret. Always always look for another way out of things, suicide isn't always the answer.
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's okay. There are a lot of crappy people out there
Yeah and i was just one of them...
Sorry again...
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
most people immediately jump to the conclusion that you are only seeking attention. When my mother found out, thats what they said to me. i simply agreed so as to not bother having to expalin everything else, but she was so wrong
It's sad really, that I've had to get into the situation I have to make me appreciate that. I'm not even sure where I've got the 'attention seeking' theory from.
nofx
Report 14 years ago
Always always look for another way out of things, suicide isn't always the answer.
but sometimes you get those days when there isnt another answer.
my father and brother died just over a year ago now in a car crash. i looked for a way out then, couldnt find it and since then my whole life has crumbled
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
but sometimes you get those days when there isnt another answer.
my father and brother died just over a year ago now in a car crash. i looked for a way out then, couldnt find it and since then my whole life has crumbled
Im sorry to hear that *offers hug*
I realise different people handle things differently, and like you said, somedays there just isn't another answer...i guess all im saying is i wish there was another answer...
nofx
Report 14 years ago
Im sorry to hear that *offers hug*
I realise different people handle things differently, and like you said, somedays there just isn't another answer...i guess all im saying is i wish there was another answer...
*accepts hug* dont be sorry. ive come to terms with it now.
i would generally like to say that you guys are nice people. you dont get many people like that nowadays.
punkinblack i guess your right. there is always another answer. my mum has cancer but she has been doing ok lately but i have to do everything that would make her happy so that maybe i could take her pain away. this is the reason why i live
nofx
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
It's sad really, that I've had to get into the situation I have to make me appreciate that. I'm not even sure where I've got the 'attention seeking' theory from.
its not sad, its human nature to think like that.
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
i would generally like to say that you guys are nice people. you dont get many people like that nowadays.
punkinblack i guess your right. there is always another answer. my mum has cancer but she has been doing ok lately but i have to do everything that would make her happy so that maybe i could take her pain away. this is the reason why i live
It sounds like your going through and have been through a lot, and I agree its a shame more peope aren't 'nice'.
If you ever wanna talk feel free to PM me, I know you've probably heard things like that a million times but I know from experience that it can help.
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
It sounds like you have alot more strength than you give yourself credit for.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
i have been doing it for about 2 years now, at first it was when i got angry now its a habit.
its nice to talk to people who cant judge you
Have a hug *hugs* it took me two years before i told anybody... and that was just because i was pissed and made the unfortunate mistake of wearing a top that didn't cover one of the marks if i stretched and me then boyfriend saw 18 months on.... and these days i'm not supposed to. There's a psychothereapist lady and everything... i just get the occasional relapse. Shh!!

The thing i really hate though is the girls who 'do it together'. Having been through it i tend to be the one @ parties who ends up sorting people out after they do and it goes wrong etc cos i can actually say been there, seen it, done it, have a lemon, it's much better. But i know a few girls who actually get in a situation where one starts and then her friends all get upset and pull out the razor blades. For the most part it weirds me out anyway when people show everybody or even just do it on their arms - i'm like surely the point is that you can't cope but don't want to let people know?! But with them it really does feel like attention seeking. Don't get me wrong i have a couple of friends who are seriously messed up and that's cool... i just wonder if they'd allbe doing it if they weren't feeding off of one another.

These days i see marks on anybody's wrists and assume they self harm. This time last year i'd only met one other person who self-harmed, and that was in about September. Now i know loads. I think it's quite sad that i think like that now.
SciFi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nofx)
Yeah I have tried to commit suicide once or twice, It was during s/h sessions when the s/h wasnt taking the pain away. Though i was lucky enough to have a really supportive friend and she basically kept me alive and has managed to help me stop s/h. Six months and I havent cut myself, so far so good.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads