This discussion is closed.
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Try bio oil on the scars. It'll make a drastic improvement.
auser
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
Try bio oil on the scars. It'll make a drastic improvement.
thanks whats bio oil???
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by auser)
i cross my arms or twist the left one sideways to make them less visible if i don't have sleeves
Do you feel you have to hide the fact you self harm/ed?
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by auser)
thanks whats bio oil???
You can buy itt in the chemist and its a tub of oil you can use twice daily to reduce scars. You can also use it on spots and stretch marks.
http://www.garden.co.uk/acatalog/BIO_OIL.html

You can get it in boots and places.
auser
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Do you feel you have to hide the fact you self harm/ed?
yes, i dont anymore thats the point. and when people realise they start treating me like a whiny little attention seeking kid and however open minded they are they look at you differently
auser
Report 15 years ago
You can buy itt in the chemist and its a tub of oil you can use twice daily to reduce scars. You can also use it on spots and stretch marks.
http://www.garden.co.uk/acatalog/BIO_OIL.html

You can get it in boots and places.
thanks i will go check it out tomorrow
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by auser)
yes, i dont anymore thats the point. and when people realise they start treating me like a whiny little attention seeking kid and however open minded they are they look at you differently
Of the 2 people who know I self harmed, 1 was really freaked out and started saying how wrong it was and how attention seeking it is. And the other was really moved that I trusted them enough to tell them. I sometimes wonder what the average person would think if they realised that i did self harm.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When I over dosed loads of people were really freaked out as i had been the 'good' one but it does seperate your real friends from those not worth having.
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by auser)
I lost a lot of friends like that. They'd be all nice and **** to my face like they cared, but what they said behind my back hurt like hell...they didn't understand, and didnt want to either...but ppl will always act and look at you differently bcoz of it...
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PunkInBlack)
I lost a lot of friends like that. They'd be all nice and **** to my face like they cared, but what they said behind my back hurt like hell...they didn't understand, and didnt want to either...but ppl will always act and look at you differently bcoz of it...
What really annoys me is when people assume its just attention seeking when it quite blatently isnt!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Of the 2 people who know I self harmed, 1 was really freaked out and started saying how wrong it was and how attention seeking it is. And the other was really moved that I trusted them enough to tell them. I sometimes wonder what the average person would think if they realised that i did self harm.
but it easy to freak out... my bf told me he self-harmed when he was very drunk and i was furious (but i think i was more annoyed he'd chosen that moment to tell me when i had loads of things going on and i'd guessed about 5 months earlier)... i guess it still kinda hurts me that he was lying to me for so long (even though at the time i knew he was)

lou xxx
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
What really annoys me is when people assume its just attention seeking when it quite blatently isnt!
Totally...i mean some people dont even take the time to ask why...like you said, they just make their own assumptions...and they dont realise that acting that way can make you feel really s****y. My best mate at the time was very much like that...she didnt want to listen to the reasons or anything... :mad:
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
but it easy to freak out... my bf told me he self-harmed when he was very drunk and i was furious (but i think i was more annoyed he'd chosen that moment to tell me when i had loads of things going on and i'd guessed about 5 months earlier)... i guess it still kinda hurts me that he was lying to me for so long (even though at the time i knew he was)

lou xxx
most people have the initial freak out and probably not the best time for your boyfriend to tell you but you've stood by him which is what matters!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
most people have the initial freak out and probably not the best time for your boyfriend to tell you but you've stood by him which is what matters!
he's much better now anyway and he's stuck by me through some pretty rough times... it seems that most of my closest friends do it/have done it though (although most don't realise the others have), i know how upset my best friend got after someone accused her of attention seeking... but really it was just that she was so bad that she couldn't hide it (she had kept it hidden from most people for a long time)

lou xxx
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I used to think that (for the majority of cases) until I saw the other side of it. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't know why I thought that. Maybe subconciously I didn't want to believe people could be in a situation where they felt they had to do that kind of thing.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
I used to think that (for the majority of cases) until I saw the other side of it. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't know why I thought that. Maybe subconciously I didn't want to believe people could be in a situation where they felt they had to do that kind of thing.
I can't explain why I ever did it but It was most definately not attention seeking as at the time the last thing i wanted was someone to find out.
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I can't explain why I ever did it but It was most definately not attention seeking as at the time the last thing i wanted was someone to find out.
When I first did it, I think it was more of a 'cry out for help' than attention seeking. I had so much abd stuff going on in my life - but didn't feel I could tell anyone. But after it happened, I felt better, it somehow 'pushed away' all the bad things in my head. After that, I didn't do it because I wanted someone to help, I did it because I wanted to escape reality for awhile.
PunkInBlack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
the last thing i wanted was someone to find out.
Same. The only reason ppl found out about me was coz i was skippin so much school. So i told my dad, who told my school which sucked coz then there were so many rumors going round about me...
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
When I first did it, I think it was more of a 'cry out for help' than attention seeking. I had so much abd stuff going on in my life - but didn't feel I could tell anyone. But after it happened, I felt better, it somehow 'pushed away' all the bad things in my head. After that, I didn't do it because I wanted someone to help, I did it because I wanted to escape reality for awhile.
I think that is the reason I did it, it meant i was concentrating completely on that, pushing away all the rubbish in my life and it was a way of escaping reality.
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Life could be so tough sometimes, and i am going through a stage where everything is going wrong at moment, but i know somehow i will survive
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads