This discussion is closed.
SciFi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ace_justncase)
Never come near me!!!
Wow, That was nice. R u always that insensitive? Or is it just something you thought you would like to try uot today?
Alice2411
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Swing)
I felt something, definitely. But I stopped 5 years ago, it's totally behind me. It didn't make me want to start again or anything like that at all.
thats wierd u say that, whenever i read something about cutting or people talk about i.e (my psychology lessons) then i feel a kind of urge to start again and i dont know y! anyone know?
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alice2411)
thats wierd u say that, whenever i read something about cutting or people talk about i.e (my psychology lessons) then i feel a kind of urge to start again and i dont know y! anyone know?
I never did. That was the time i wasn't doing it really anymore, and i certainly didn't want to start.

Right now though i... i don't know. I don't feel like self harming in the way people would think of it, but... its unsurprisingly complicated (and i'm talking more than hitting my head alot, which i do, but thats through boredom and the fact my brain doesn't work).
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alice2411)
Before i 'came out' as it were i hated people talking about it. I still do really, but now most of my close friends know so they tend to avoid it. My parents are both teachers and my sister took a gap year last year and worked as a TA and most of her kids were fairly screwed one way or another. She went off on one one night when she first started working with them about how she couldn't understand what would drive someone to it and how awful all their problems must be. She also said she couldn't understand why they felt as though they couldn't talk to their families. I was just sat there listening to her and Dad thinkng... "neither of you know. You're sat there talking like it's something out of the ghetto and i;ve been doing this right under your noses for years..."
Just made me really sad
Alice2411
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bekaboo)

Before i 'came out' as it were i hated people talking about it. I still do really, but now most of my close friends know so they tend to avoid it. My parents are both teachers and my sister took a gap year last year and worked as a TA and most of her kids were fairly screwed one way or another. She went off on one one night when she first started working with them about how she couldn't understand what would drive someone to it and how awful all their problems must be. She also said she couldn't understand why they felt as though they couldn't talk to their families. I was just sat there listening to her and Dad thinkng... "neither of you know. You're sat there talking like it's something out of the ghetto and i;ve been doing this right under your noses for years..."
Just made me really sad

yeah my family has no idea. my mum didnt even know i was depressed cos of bullying when it came up in conversation a couple of days ago, she just said 'well you wernt bullied were u?' and i said' yes i was bullied from year 7 to year 10 just didnt notice, thanks' oh wel! mayb they did notice but because they feel so close to us they dont want to believe it so they pretend that they dont know anything and that it will just go away or sumit..i duno1
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My mum was just absolutely terrified. She was shaking. It was worse the second time 'round when i admitted that i'd started again . I'd done it a few times in between but always managed to get it under control again... and then around June / July i really went for it hook line + sinker again. She just cried and cried and cried and was so scared of losing me. It was horrible
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My mum was just absolutely terrified. She was shaking. It was worse the second time 'round when i admitted that i'd started again . I'd done it a few times in between but always managed to get it under control again... and then around June / July i really went for it hook line + sinker again. She just cried and cried and cried and was so scared of losing me. It was horrible
The worst thing is when they start blaming themselves for you starting again. That really sucks, especially if its not their fault at all. I have had that one. Grrr.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would've given myself about a week before I get so upset about being alone that I try it to see what the fuss is about, and why it worked for her. It seems I've done virtually everything she'd normally do to try to remind myself of her, I guess it's just a natural progression. But I'm still a tracophobe, so I'll pass out before I can.
Kish
Report 14 years ago
I took about 15 paracetamol tablets at once.

And im ok.
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
I took about 15 paracetamol tablets at once.

And im ok.
mmm, I beat you by about 40! lol! I was very lucky thats for sure.
. .
Report 14 years ago
I like punching myself whenever i realsie how shi everything is

removes some frustration and anger i guess
thunderstorm
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ive whacked myself on the head for being "stupid". then i get angrier because i shouldnt have doneit. then just end up with a headache. stupid
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah i have done the beating thing too. Its one which doesnt leave obvious marks like scars.
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mmmm best thing for lack of scarring - biting
The only thing i've learnt from talking to "the pros" are ways of doing it that don't actually harm you (other than the odd psycho bit) or leave scars. I'd rather have a bite mark for a few days that looks like eczema (sp?) than a cut But yeah the other two they told me to do were biting a really sour lemon (eww - so didn't make me feel better!) and a cup of nearly boiling water over the shoulder - ouch - provided you have access to boiling water!!!
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The only thing i've learnt from talking to "the pros" are ways of doing it that don't actually harm you (other than the odd psycho bit) or leave scars. I'd rather have a bite mark for a few days that looks like eczema (sp?) than a cut But yeah the other two they told me to do were biting a really sour lemon (eww - so didn't make me feel better!) and a cup of nearly boiling water over the shoulder - ouch - provided you have access to boiling water!!!
Yeah. I've done that too. Well the biting part. I have done the boiling water part but not as self harm it honest to god was an accident!! I was twelve and overfilled the kettle.
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You would need ot be careful with the water. If it was boiling then it could scald you, and that does leave nasty scars.
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
You would need ot be careful with the water. If it was boiling then it could scald you, and that does leave nasty scars.
Yeah, it didnt scar my arm but it did burn away all the nerves. Its very useful as a party trick!
shootingstar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Thats seriously fcuked up.
In that case, that makes me fcuked up. It makes a hell of a lot of people I know fcuked up.

How pathetic is it that some people don't even try to understand? Cos it is.
shootingstar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I scratch, and the marks usually fade after a few hours... but I don't trust myself around knives... part of the ocd.
shootingstar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ace_justncase)
Never come near me!!!
you know, after a comment like that, I'd be suprised if any self harmer, current or ex would ever want to come near you.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
20.06%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (132)
40.12%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.82%

Watched Threads